Speed limit.

First, Q. Anyone know the rated speeds for truck tyres?

Now, my artic is limited to 56 mph under power but will roll to whatever down, e.g. the M62 hills.

My understanding is the speed limit for us on motorways is still 60 MPH.

I was advised yesterday that 60 mph is an offence under C & U. Anyone heard of this?

JISL to ESL:
First, Q. Anyone know the rated speeds for truck tyres?

tructyre.co.uk/commercial_ty … ymbols.asp

check this

JISL to ESL:
My understanding is the speed limit for us on motorways is still 60 MPH.

yes it is

JISL to ESL:
I was advised yesterday that 60 mph is an offence under C & U. Anyone heard of this?

i would say this is something to do with the speed limiter on the truck, in the trucks that i have driven its always said 85kph for the speed limiter i think if you were driving a truck with a speed limiter fitted and calibrated to 85kph and you was clocked doing 95 kph for some time IE 10 minutes the tacho would need recalibrating and the firm could get done under C&U regs

LIMITER OVERSPEED DISCUSSION

JISL to ESL:

Frequently, but it doesn’t matter how many times you hear it it’s still ■■■■■■■■. The C&U regulations do not set the speed limits in this country and you cannot be prosecuted for speeding under the C&U regulations. You could be prosecuted for a defective speed limiter but that is a different offence to speeding.

Coffeeholic:

JISL to ESL:

Frequently, but it doesn’t matter how many times you hear it it’s still ■■■■■■■■. The C&U regulations do not set the speed limits in this country and you cannot be prosecuted for speeding under the C&U regulations. You could be prosecuted for a defective speed limiter but that is a different offence to speeding.

You cannot be prosecuted for speeding under any regs, if you aren’t speeding :open_mouth: .
So as the speed limit for a truck on a motorway is 60, you can’t be prosecuted for doing 60 or less :sunglasses: unless of course there’s a lower limit posted and you’re going faster than it :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: