Speed limit stickers on back of trucks

Why do we need to tell the Joe Public of 40,50,and 60 mph speed limits when the car driver should know that,as it is the Highway Code,i have not seen it make any difference to the driver behind,who will try to pass whatever the risk involved.

get some new ones made.
be aware revised truck speed limits.

single carriageway. 65mph
duel carriageway. 75mph
motorway. 85mph.
Tel: 0300 123 9000

toby1234abc:
Why do we need to tell the Joe Public of 40,50,and 60 mph speed limits when the car driver should know that,as it is the Highway Code,i have not seen it make any difference to the driver behind,who will try to pass whatever the risk involved.

You’ve answered you’re own question, " they will try to pass whatever the risk involved!!! " :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

If you have ten lanes on the M25 all the COCKNEYS will be in the outside lane :laughing: ( because they call it ( " the FAST lane " ) south of KNUTSFORD ) :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: as soon as they see a brake light, or a drop of rain ( that would involve brain power to put on the wipers ) :bulb: :question: :unamused: they use all the lanes where them pesky murdering juggernauts go, and block it for hours!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Your having a laugh arnt you. They don’t even no the highway code for there own vehicle, the majority of people think the national speed limit on an SC for a car is 50mph so why should they know anything about trucks■■? They cant even understand why we straddle lanes and take corners wider than them. They say lorry drivers are thick but seems to me it’s the other way round on the road.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Your having a laugh arnt you. They don’t even no the highway code for there own vehicle, the majority of people think the national speed limit on an SC for a car is 50mph so why should they know anything about trucks■■? They cant even understand why we straddle lanes and take corners wider than them. They say lorry drivers are thick but seems to me it’s the other way round on the road.

+1

I saw an interesting & informative sticker on an artic a while back it said something along the lines of “this vehicle could do 100mph but imagine 44ton hitting you at that speed! so I drive at 40mph for your safety , now imagine you hitting me at 100mph, please think, slow down & take care …” reasonably ok I thought …

toby1234abc:

Are you serious toby?? something like that from you

the sign is NOT for following car drivers.
it is for following truck drivers who ARE unaware of the speed limits on single, dc roads. :smiley:

At least they seem to be unaware going by the number I see speeding.

Just because they SHOULD know, doesn’t mean the DO know.

I like those stickers to be honest, but I stick to 40mph on a single carriageway, wouldn’t like 1 of those stickers stuck on the back if I was speeding, you know that the wanna be plod in the car behind would be on the phone to your boss.

kemaro:
I saw an interesting & informative sticker on an artic a while back it said something along the lines of “this vehicle could do 100mph but imagine 44ton hitting you at that speed! so I drive at 40mph for your safety , now imagine you hitting me at 100mph, please think, slow down & take care …” reasonably ok I thought …

Love it, brilliant. Truck racing says it all, 1200bhp, 0-100mph quicker than a 911, but limited to 100mph because if they went any quicker, you’d have to spectate with binoculars - the crash barriers would struggle to stop them at 100mph, and they’re ‘only’ 5.5 tonne ish.

kemaro:

:laughing: Pure gold.

del949:
the sign is NOT for following car drivers.
it is for following truck drivers who ARE unaware of the speed limits on single, dc roads. :smiley:

At least they seem to be unaware going by the number I see speeding.

:laughing: This one also.

toby1234abc:
Why do we need to tell the Joe Public of 40,50,and 60 mph speed limits when the car driver should know that,as it is the Highway Code

Probably because 99% of car drivers haven’t read the Highway Code since passing their test and I speak as one of that 99%.

I had a “restricted by law to 40mph” on mine for a while (yes, a rigid tipper) until I had a day off and someone who drove it for a day ripped it off. ■■■■■■.

A lot of the trucks here have the sign “How is my Driving” with a phone number on the back , if you see the standard of driving and actually phoned everytime to complain , you would never be off the phone.
There are no limiters and Digi cards here :unamused: and I suspect not many proper LGV licences either.

kemaro:

By the time they’ve read all that, they’d have gone off the road.

I saw a sign on a tipper saying your skid ends here.!!