Speed Cameras....

anybody use the A66 through Kirkby Thore , ■■■■■■■■ ■■?
It is a 40mph limit anyways,
BUT , some nice shiny new average speed cameras have been installed…
I’m not sure if they have gone live yet…
So take it easy folks…

Does it really matter because a good driver will stick to the laws :question:

I work out of kirkby thore and have to turn out onto the A66 twice a night fully freighted . So I am pleased about the cameras… it all makes my job a little safer if traffic is slowed down…

Trukkertone:
I work out of kirkby thore and have to turn out onto the A66 twice a night fully freighted . So I am pleased about the cameras… it all makes my job a little safer if traffic is slowed down…

Would have thought if any junction needed traffic lights that one would be top of the list use the 66 regular amazed there has not been loads of bad accidents there especially with the speeding Mannfreight lunatics

Aye… the mirror we use to see whats coming from the left is as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike… its99% guesswork…

Alant:

Trukkertone:

Would have thought if any junction needed traffic lights that one would be top of the list use the 66 regular amazed there has not been loads of bad accidents there especially with the speeding Mannfreight lunatics

sure manfreight would be the more sensible ones coing off the boat…they can only do 60-62 flat out. you will prob find theres more accidents with the beancounter legal plodders than the paddys pushing it on a bit,though to be fair,when we do have a smash,it tends to be a proper one… :slight_smile:

Alant:

Trukkertone:

sure manfreight would be the more sensible ones coing off the boat…they can only do 60-62 flat out. you will prob find theres more accidents with the beancounter legal plodders than the paddys pushing it on a bit,though to be fair,when we do have a smash,it tends to be a proper one… :slight_smile:

If you look at the way they are facing they only get you in one direction unless they are a new camera design as i.ve never personally seen a specs camera that gets you from behind, always forward facing

Tbh though its a bypass it needs not a camera

Yes they got installed about 5-6 weeks ago and I noticed signs about 2-3 weeks ago so i would imagine there live, i use it every night and plenty still going through well above, id rather not chance it for sake of 10 secs

ROG:

Unfortunately that is a wasted comment on here as very few abide by speed laws :unamused:

chaversdad:
If you look at the way they are facing they only get you in one direction unless they are a new camera design as i.ve never personally seen a specs camera that gets you from behind, always forward facing

I think you’re wrong there. The cameras on the A77 have recently been replaced with ones facing only one way, but I don’t see them checking only one way.

dri-diddly-iver:

ROG:

Unfortunately that is a wasted comment on here as very few abide by speed laws :unamused:

I suspect that is not the case

Trukkertone:

I wouldn’t get too excited. Still flying round the bend at 40, still relying on driver’s sticking to the limit and their average so could happily be over 40 at that junction.

Supatramp:

chaversdad:

I think you’re wrong there. The cameras on the A77 have recently been replaced with ones facing only one way, but I don’t see them checking only one way.

The new ones on the A77 have a camera on the back and the reason was to catch the motorbikes who were kicking the arse out of it.So i would think they could be used to catch anyone out does not matter what your driving.

Truvelo D-Cams face one way but check speeds of traffic in BOTH directions. There are a few here in West Yorkshire, a bit sneaky if you don’t know this.

This time of year your lucky to go through there without stopping anyway !