Speed cameras norway

Any drivers been caught by speed cameras in norway got flashed 2 days ago on e18 up by sandelford by one of those forward faceing grey cameras doing 56 in a 50 i think.running late trying to get boat at brevik?driving a uk reg truck not sure if the noggies will follow it up hope not as i heard the fines are crazy and the can indorse a uk licence?

have found this read through to the end and then make you own descion
THE BIT BY nigelpugh7 17th June 2009, is good,

HERE-NORWAY-FINE

You are risking a trouble on your next return to Norway.

There were plenty of those (drivers & companies from CZ, SK, PL…) who thought “just ignore it”, “they cannot chase us here” etc; upon next arrival to Norway the police check the database for the driver’s name and vehicle numberplate to see… oh yes, mr. xyz you owe us 2000 krone for speeding the other day plus late fee of the same amount. you either pay or you go to jail. may be it was not you who drove the vehicle when it was caught on camera, then your company has to pay. ring your boss that he has 48hrs to pay or the vehicle gets impounded. and you are not moving until this gets sorted.

In my van in 2008 I got pulled in the far north for about 57kmh in a 50. Think the fine was about £400, certainly made my eyes water when I went to post office in Tromso so pay it!

switchlogic:
In my van in 2008 I got pulled in the far north for about 57kmh in a 50. Think the fine was about £400, certainly made my eyes water when I went to post office in Tromso so pay it!

hi thanks for your reply regarding speeding in norway can the norweign impose points on your uk licence also i was caught by one of those grey speed cameras not a police car with a radar?

Realistically I’d say you probably won’t hear anything, but if you do and you want to go back to Norway then pay it. I could easily have left the country without paying but I love the place and plan on possibly living there oneday so I paid up. Depends on how keen they are on catching foreigners I suppose. The UK for instance never seems to follow up foreign vehicles caught on camera.

Barry I believe you may find that like Germany they have a account where
people living outside of Norway are entered and when they get to a set level
are Informed that Norway is banning them from driving for a set period,
looks like you may get TWO(2) points awarded to your account in Norway
and NOT in the UK :slight_smile:

Thanks for that brit pete ill sleep better now,will have to pay fine if i have been caught as im working in norway for another 6months may be longer?

As said they cannot endorse your UK licence, only the UK courts can do that.