Speed Cameras Flashing when not speeding or in zone?

Hi all,

Right since I’ve started driving a regular run I’ve had 2 different cameras on the A1 around Ayton flash at me when I’ve been going less than 40 and not even anywhere near the marked lines on the road and heading southbound when I’m sure they are northbound cameras?

What’s that’ll about? No traffic going the other way either…

I’m getting extra wary of bloody speed cameras now.

Scare tactics? Wouldn’t surprise me from the sneaky plod patrol!

They are obviously a bit like elton John.

The one n/b near Cockburnspath flashes for fun! I’ve seen it go off when I’m climbing the hill going south and no one is within a mile of it. Iirc there was something about these “phantom flashes” on here a year or two back.

To the op, even if they flash when you pass them and you’re at or under the limit I wouldn’t worry about it.

The one off the M5 jn9 use to do that and the one NB M5 jn19 was like a flippin disco when nothing was around

Quite a lot of then are fake, they flash at various intervals to make you aware. In Yonkers the traffic light cameras seem to be the same, they flash for no reason and I have on odd times ran red lights in the night without triggering them (If you can avoid it you dan’t hang around at red lights in the middle of the night around here LOL).

Over Xmas, I nearly over run a junction that had a camera on the traffic light. my front wheels were over the line by a little bit, the camera on the light started flashing continually until I moved off, must have been 30 times, for some dumb reason I looked the opposite way in case they recognised my face :laughing:

I always believed that blowing leaves might set a speed camara off - imagine one whipping by in the air at 50mph, which is after all the gusts we’ve been getting of late.