Speed cameras anyone know what type these are?

they are traffic density sensors, used by various organisations for monitoring congestion and traffic flow.
They’re everywhere, on anything from major B roads and upwards.

If they were speed cameras then they’re the wrong colour and any convictions from them would be succesfully apealed. :wink:

dennisw1:
they are traffic density sensors

:unamused: Are they really?

To be honest I thought that they were

Rob K:
traffic density measuring sensors

paul@midway:
traffic density sensors

mrpj:
measuring the traffic

paul_eden:
traffic density [cameras]

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Does anyone else know what they really are? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:

dennisw1:
they are traffic density sensors

:unamused: Are they really?

To be honest I thought that they were

Rob K:
traffic density measuring sensors

paul@midway:
traffic density sensors

mrpj:
measuring the traffic

paul_eden:
traffic density [cameras]

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Does anyone else know what they really are? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

thecoder0:

Rob K:
If you don’t want to contribute further then thats cool but one “billionth time” mmm…bit of over exageration there…you speaking on behalf of other people that have contributed…not your place me thinks…I think you will also find the conversation you highlighted was betweem Jammy and myself …so in a nutshell …: if you don’t like what you read then…move on this is a site for people to post views and opinions that are of interest to them for whatever reason :wink: so where you get the idea youhave some kind of right to bring any particular topic to an end is a mystery :laughing: :laughing: .

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I keep seeing these ones with red, orange and green lenses … anyone got any idea what those are? :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Lets make sure I understand this thread.

The blue things are the same as the green things but neither are the same as the yellow things.

Are the yellow things the only things that take credit cards :question: :question: :question:

aimee:
I keep seeing these ones with red, orange and green lenses … anyone got any idea what those are? :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Cheeky, aimee, very cheeky … :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

What’s a speed camera :wink: :unamused:

OK OK ok Even I have to see the funny side :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought the traffic light one was the best just for the record :wink:

Got go bow to all that experience out there …Its mot so bad taking a bit of stick from truckers with a bit of experience…

Now if it was from some young pretender with about 3 years experience …now that would leave a nasty taste but given the amount of posts some of you guys have posted you have obviously been around years… :wink: :wink: :wink:

aimee:

It’s official

Last night just to make sure …I stopped at every camera on the 66 and checked them…and guess what they are not speed cameras!!!

Ah well you did say :wink:

Oh apart from the one in the van just under the bridge :laughing: :laughing:

so is it the green ones that nick you for going too fast or the white ones :question:

http://www.inforadgps.co.uk/car/about/cameras/ If you click that link it tells you what more or less all of them are along with pictures, seems to be written for idiots as it even lists road side weather stations in case you thought they were detecting more than just wind speed :laughing: