Speed camera question

I’m a bit worried about this but I’m hoping its nothing, but the same thing happened to me twice in one night. I have been doing drops in London each evening this week, and the route involves coming in down the A40 off the M40, then out up the A12 towards the M11, M25 to go home. Anyway, both the A40 and the A12 have speed cameras at 50mph, on all three lanes obviously. Now I know I was not breaking the limit because I always use the manual limiter when in those kind of sections, but on both occasions a car “hid” alongside me through the markings on the road and caused the camera to go off as he sped through. Now the cameras appeared to be over my left shoulder so to speak, are they clever enough to know it was the passing car speeding and not me in my lorry? I do hope I’m worrying about nothing but it would be nice to put my mind at rest as I know I was not doing anything wrong, and I expect if I had two speeding tickets within two months of starting my job I’d be looking for a new job…anyone have any advice? If I was blamed would the tacho absolve me?

You weren’t speeding…Forget it. HTH.

bigvern1:

It made me smile if nowt else Vern! I hope you’re right!

On speed cameras they use the white lines to calculate the speed of the vehicle
As the camera flashes twice it gives them 2 pictures so they can work the speed out from the white lines Simples lol
If you werent speeding they wont be in touch :smiley:

Only joking Officer Nairn, if you’re here today. :wink:

BanburyDan:

bigvern1:

It made me smile if nowt else Vern! I hope you’re right!

I usually am! :wink:

Harry Monk:

Only joking Officer Nairn, if you’re here today. :wink:

:grimacing: love it!

BanburyDan:
I’m a bit worried about this but I’m hoping its nothing, but the same thing happened to me twice in one night. I have been doing drops in London each evening this week, and the route involves coming in down the A40 off the M40, then out up the A12 towards the M11, M25 to go home. Anyway, both the A40 and the A12 have speed cameras at 50mph, on all three lanes obviously. Now I know I was not breaking the limit because I always use the manual limiter when in those kind of sections, but on both occasions a car “hid” alongside me through the markings on the road and caused the camera to go off as he sped through. Now the cameras appeared to be over my left shoulder so to speak, are they clever enough to know it was the passing car speeding and not me in my lorry? I do hope I’m worrying about nothing but it would be nice to put my mind at rest as I know I was not doing anything wrong, and I expect if I had two speeding tickets within two months of starting my job I’d be looking for a new job…anyone have any advice? If I was blamed would the tacho absolve me?

had this a few times and it does make you wonder will i get done,but ive never had tckt so id not worry

Dan, don’t worry. Apart from being flashed, your speed can be calibrated against the white lines painted on the road just after the speed camera, by checking how many lines you have passed in between the two photographs.

Are you sure they were speed cameras :question: there are loads of diff cams around london, night time lorry bans, low emmisission zone, congestion charging zone. All policed by scameras

green456:
Are you sure they were speed cameras :question: there are loads of diff cams around london, night time lorry bans, low emmisission zone, congestion charging zone. All policed by scameras

Deffo speed cameras, lines on the road and big yellow (s)cameras.

Harry Monk:
Dan, don’t worry. Apart from being flashed, your speed can be calibrated against the white lines painted on the road just after the speed camera, by checking how many lines you have passed in between the two photographs.

Few years back, i worried about the same scenario, but yeah, as above, its all in those little dashed white lines!
Sleep easy… :smiley:

BanburyDan:
If I was blamed would the tacho absolve me?

Apparently not from what ive heard on here last few months. The tacho is only used to get you IN the ■■■, not to get you out of it. This is the UK we’re talking about here, lets not forget that :laughing: