Speed camera, A556

can anybody help me with this one please?..just had a speeding ticket on the 556 between M56 and the M6.timed at 10.52 am. at 46 mph. well at that time i was on the M60 doing 55mph but i did get flashed at 11.52 doing 46mph. but its a duel carriage way with a limit of 50mph or so i thought.does anybody know different? thx

reefer:
can anybody help me with this one please?..just had a speeding ticket on the 556 between M56 and the M6.timed at 10.52 am. at 46 mph. well at that time i was on the M60 doing 55mph but i did get flashed at 11.52 doing 46mph. but its a duel carriage way with a limit of 50mph or so i thought.does anybody know different? thx

Hi mate have a look to see which camera

abd.org.uk/cameras/cheshire.htm

hope it helps

Not another one :exclamation: :exclamation:

What is the definition of a dual carriageway :question:

Does dual mean the number of lanes or 2 SEPERATED flows of traffic :question:

What seperates the the traffic flows on the A556 :question:

Are you referring to Chester Road which joins the M6 at junction19? As far as I can recall, and looking at Google Maps, that isn’t a dual carriageway, although it has 2 lanes in each direction there is no barrier separating the traffic flows, just paint, so for trucks it will be 40 mph.

reefer:

Its single carriageway. Its quite well known for it now. Cheshire police did specifically point out the pitfalls of ‘thinking’ this road was a dual carriageway. Unfortunately they only do it on their website.

Mike-C:
Its single carriageway. Its quite well known for it now. Cheshire police did specifically point out the pitfalls of ‘thinking’ this road was a dual carriageway. Unfortunately they only do it on their website.

They may only do it on their website but to be fair anyone who has passed a driving test should be able to work out it isn’t a dual carriageway.

ok i guess i was wrong on the dual carriage way bit but how about the fact the time is wrong on the ticket to when the offence was committed,would i get away with it on a technicality?

reefer:
ok i guess i was wrong on the dual carriage way bit but how about the fact the time is wrong on the ticket to when the offence was committed,would i get away with it on a technicality?

Sounds like a question for a solicitor does that…

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

They may only do it on their website but to be fair anyone who has passed a driving test should be able to work out it isn’t a dual carriageway.

I think every company that i worked for that delivered to Morrisons regularly had it noted on the wall. That may give you some idea of how many didn’t work out it was a dual carriage way !!
Of course if Cheshire police adopted the same system as they do in Scotland on certain roads i.e reminding HGV’s of thier speed obligations then they wouldn’t get as much revenue from them :smiley:

Mike-C:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

I think every company that i worked for that delivered to Morrisons regularly had it noted on the wall. That may give you some idea of how many didn’t work out it was a dual carriage way !!
Of course if Cheshire police adopted the same system as they do in Scotland on certain roads i.e reminding HGV’s of thier speed obligations then they wouldn’t get as much revenue from them :smiley:

and after all they are in the business of prevention is better than the cure, exept when the cure is so lucrative!

stevie

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

True enough but don’t forget, on a thread not long ago, with a similar scenario but a dual-carriageway with a single lane in each direction, we had an instructor who was convinced it was a single carriageway :open_mouth: :unamused: . If you had this instructor teaching you how to pass the test, how sure would you be?

Back to the time in question if you can show you were not in that area at that time I’m pretty sure the evidence could and I only say could be thrown out as it would be a false statement by the camera
Check and dubble check all the details then get proper advice
If their wrong with the time I reckon you could win it good luck

Hateful Bit of Road.
I use the M56 to M6 link A556 a lot and have seen a lot of Trucks cop for the camera it used to be on a weight trip anything over 7.5tonne over 40mph got a flash, but I have recently had Trucks pass me 40+ no flash although I wouldn’t recommend you try it out.
From the M56 to roundabout 50mph then 50mph to the end of the central reservation then legal limit is 40mph all the way to the M6.