Speed awareness course

Just waiting to start an sac. This is going to be crap. Only slightly better than a cpc, at that’s only because there’s some clunge here!! God, I hope we don’t get stuck with a total sap that keeps asking questions :unamused:

I copped one of them a few years ago. It’s better than points any day of the week. The suprising thing was I actually manged to stay awake for it. Now the phone awareness course…oh please, oh, oh, yaawwwwnnnnn!!

I’m just about to book one, little ■■■■■■■ managed to get me in my car :frowning:! How long do they last

Is it right you have to make some sort of effort, and cannot simply doze off at the back? I read somewhere if haven’t improved you can still get points?

Did one a few months back lasted 4 hours wasnt as bad as I thought and some crumpet on the course as well lol.
Better than points paid £80 for mine managed to book a course 5 mins from home which was a bonus.

I did one back in October. What shocked me was how many middle aged women were there and in the age group of 18-25 there was two people me being the 25 year old. On the course though they spout all the usual about the figures of speeding causing more deaths. We all got given a little booklet that we had to make a half hearted attempt to fill out and that was it.

Yes it’s fairly obvious that these courses don’t work. I would stop them in favour of a different punishment. How about keep doubling the fine & points every time you get caught until you lose your licence in one go. 1st time 3 pts & £60, 2nd time 6pts & £120, no matter how long between incidents, until 12pts & £240 and licence gone for a month. Maybe that will give you something to think about as you speed along your merry way.

Just done mine. Got caught on the A5 at Atherstone doing 47 :imp:

You can’t do another course for 3 years.

What I found amazing is the number of people that didn’t know basic highway code. Once the instructor found out I was a hgv driver he gave me a couple of minutes explaining why hgv go slower than cars. What I found strange is I had to point out that I’m also a car driver to a couple of individuals.

Just make sure that you ask the instructor that if you get caught speeding again in the next year do you get the money back for the course. :wink:

Slackbladder:
Yes it’s fairly obvious that these courses don’t work. I would stop them in favour of a different punishment. How about keep doubling the fine & points every time you get caught until you lose your licence in one go. 1st time 3 pts & £60, 2nd time 6pts & £120, no matter how long between incidents, until 12pts & £240 and licence gone for a month. Maybe that will give you something to think about as you speed along your merry way.

Nice to know there are still some perfect people out there!! ■■■■!!

Good guess but not my first name. Not perfect either, it’s just the attitude of some getting caught breaking the law and ■■■■■■■■ about having an easy option. You don’t see many coming on saying they were wrong & they will try to drive better, just whining about the inconvenience to their precious time.

I managed to do 2 of these in 9 months lol

Slackbladder:
Good guess but not my first name. Not perfect either, it’s just the attitude of some getting caught breaking the law and ■■■■■■■■ about having an easy option. You don’t see many coming on saying they were wrong & they will try to drive better, just whining about the inconvenience to their precious time.

wise words :laughing: no one takes RESPONSIBILITY for THEIR actions! :laughing: sorry plod but it WASN’T my fault I depressed the accelerator with MY RIGHT FOOT! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

SWEDISH BLUE:
I managed to do 2 of these in 9 months lol

How so? ref: MADBAZ 4 posts up.

Human nature dictates that people will always speed. You could say if caught speeding you will instantly lose their licence. Would they still speed? Yes of course they would.

The speed limits in this country need revising, while yes their is a need for a 20mph outside a school and 30mph in a built up area where there is a danger of vehicle and pedestrians. Other limits ie motorways, dual carriage ways etc need to be revised.

As for punishment, the fine system is just a money maker not a deterrent. I have never been on the speed awareness course, but others on here say it’s pointless (no pun intended). Then again who would admit to learning something?

Whilst it was still boring, it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Muckaways half right, you need to participate to pass. Sat down first in an empty room and a bloody tipper driver made a beeline and sat next to me, saying if he was empty he would’ve been quicker and wouldn’t be able to do the course. Had a right ■■■■ middle aged bloke next to me too. At the end you do an anonymous survey, will this course change your style of driving etc. Watched his answers on the who wants to be a millionaire clicker, and every one was showing him to be a nob. The only thing I learnt, apart from middle aged women not knowing any of the speed limits, was the painted word slow, actually means speed lower observe warning. Saw a bit on the big m4 fog crash of 91. That was interesting

How so? ref: MADBAZ 4 posts up.

First 1 was in Somerset.
2nd was in Hampshire

Did one about 3 yrs ago nearest course was 300mls away from wer I live :slight_smile: ( I live n.e Scotland) we don’t have speed awareness courses in Scotland and nearest was cramlington cost £85 plus fuel … Had a clean license and wanted to keep it that way hence I opted to travel n do course