specs cameras

according to cambridge evening news the specs cameras between the m11 and spittals junctions on the a14 went live today(after two months testing)obviously this wont affect anyone on here because this is a professional drivers forum and you all know the speed limit so you’ve just wasted two minutes reading this post sorry :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

Are they cameras with glasses?

Dogmatix:
Are they cameras with glasses?

:slight_smile: yes but after they have caught a few people they are gonna get contacts so they look better :laughing: :wink:

Laser surgery, should be able to afford it in a few hours of fines.

can you actually reach 50 mph on that stretch :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jon

went through them on limiter today ,sat nav says 53 so thats good enough for me.

I had been going through at 56mph but i’ve lost my bottle … for the time being :unamused:

are you really doing 56 though t.f.t.f , my tacho showing 90kph,speedo 56 mph but sat nav which ive been led to believe is more accurate is showing 53 mph.

Well its says 56mph on the digi speedo and 90kph on the digi tacho.

However, I didnt go through at that speed today :open_mouth: :bulb:

Too Fat To Fly:

However, I didnt go through at that speed today :open_mouth: :bulb:

Oooohhh ark at 'er with the fancy posh electerolorydigitalisticalygizmomicky electeronical stuff :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

All our new units have been turned down to 52 as a fuel saving exercise, only trouble is according to my tomtom its constantly flickering between 49 and 50. On the plus side at least i can drive on the limiter on duals now and still be a goody two shoes :unamused:

Thanks for the heads up… I am down that way again tomorrow in the Jacko Waggon again :unamused:

so in the coming weeks local papers will be filled with more HGV jobs for those drivers who lost their licenses by sitting on the limiter all the way each set of specs?

Too Fat To Fly:

Just because it has a digital readout, doesn’t make it accurate. It’s still affected by tyre wear, tyre pressure, temperature, and, most importantly, calibration.

True, digi speedos/tachos tend to be calibrated a bit more accurately, but nearly all of them still under-read.

The most accurate speed reading you’ll get is from a GPS, provided that you’re running at a constant speed, with a good GPS signal quality.

I posted a link ages ago that gave examples of speed averages over distance .
It’s on here somewhere .

The specs on the M1 down at Luton area are now being extended almost all the way to the M25 junction now .
Same on the way back up , they start almost as soon as you get on the M1 , the zappers aren’t up yet but I’m sure they will be soon.