Spar/co-op store deliverys

Anyone on here done/do this type of work?

Got an agency shift tomorrow and wondering what to expect
any tips/advice

Which depot

Spar, Preston

Roll cages, tail lift work, ■■■■■■ surfaces and trying to wedge cages through doors only just wide enough fit a cage through. Probably awkward to get the truck into some of the drops too.

Semtex:

any tips/advice

Not co-op/spar,but done others,easy enough,you just put cages onto tail lift,drop it down,bird from shop takes it off tail lift,pulls it across yard and into shop,she then brings empty s/rubbish back and puts it onto tail lift.its very easy to be honest,plenty of coffee,toast etc
Can be tight to get in some places,but all do-able,just take your time at first,give it a week or two and you’ll be thinking how easy is this :wink:

watch out for the milk cages, they are normally overloaded and flimsy as ■■■■. as has been said most spars are normally little side street stores with no proper access for deliveries

loopyjuice:
. as has been said most spars are normally little side street stores with no proper access for deliveries

Can vouch for that, personally iv not dropped for spar, but do very similar stores, and some of them can be a real pain.

My only advice is if you havnt done cage work before just be careful as they can be dangerous sods, if you have done cage work then you already know! LOL

Good luck mate.

dozy:

Semtex:

any tips/advice

Not co-op/spar,but done others,easy enough,you just put cages onto tail lift,drop it down,bird from shop takes it off tail lift,pulls it across yard and into shop,she then brings empty s/rubbish back and puts it onto tail lift.its very easy to be honest,plenty of coffee,toast etc
Can be tight to get in some places,but all do-able,just take your time at first,give it a week or two and you’ll be thinking how easy is this :wink:

Must of been tescos? Co op we have to push cages in the door or they wont take it, dont even get help pushing cages uphills or uneven ground most of them just stand and stare.

Done spar Willenhall for about 6 months on a sat , at first real ball ache but once u get used to roll cages tail lift and sh accesses its actually not bad just take yr time I’ve never been chased by Tm

Mind your fingers going through doors!!

Push cage with your palms, don’t grip the sides. Also when pulling a cage uphill from the freezer isle mind your shines!
You will work it out! lol

Dan_1986:

dozy:

Semtex:

any tips/advice

Must of been tescos? Co op we have to push cages in the door or they wont take it, dont even get help pushing cages uphills or uneven ground most of them just stand and stare.

My wife assures me she helps drivers with the cages…apart from the drivers who turn up with an attitude. Apparently agency drivers are the worst for havingthe ■■■■ you attitude. Her words not mine

Done work for spar different depot but enjoyed
It would do it again if had chance as said plenty of
Coffe and the odd sandwich.

Dan_1986:

dozy:

Semtex:

any tips/advice

Can be tight to get in some places,but all 7do-able,just take your time at first,give it a week or two and you’ll be thinking how easy is this :wink:

• 1 on this I have NEVER had help at a store not even if a cage is going over

Don’t bank on getting done early!!

Tight access to many drops, awkward roll cages, non-caring back door staff… having said that, still one of my favourite jobs on agency!! (Co-op Alfreton, less so at Bulwell)

Well that was an experience…and 1 I won’t be repeating.

Cages weren’t too bad.
Access was awkward at times but nothing too bad (I was in a rigid…a lot of there stuff is artic )

Hi mate, never done spar before and never done cages before

No probs…just 18 drops around Manchester!!! :unamused: :unamused:

happysack:

Dan_1986:

dozy:

Semtex:

any tips/advice

My wife assures me she helps drivers with the cages…apart from the drivers who turn up with an attitude. Apparently agency drivers are the worst for havingthe [zb] you attitude. Her words not mine

Must be a southen thing then, even when i go with a smile and a happy chap look i just get looked at… must be my dreads and peircings. shrug it off and move on thinking of the money and nice view out the glass rather then stuck indoors moaning.

If you tip a freezer box over ,get help,they are a pain.Get a foot under first then get a grip. :laughing: :laughing: Most of drivers at spar like to ■■■■ in the trailers,mark their territory. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So get yourself a decent pair of gloves :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Don,t try stuggling ,stick the hazards on and block the road off amen :smiling_imp:

Semtex:

any tips/advice

Keep ya eyes peeled for co op and spar shops

maestegboy:
:laughing: Most of drivers at spar like to ■■■■ in the trailers,mark their territory. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: