Spanish O lIcence

Does any one know the rules and regs to getting one or pinpoint me in the right direction? Is it similar to the UK with Operating centre/CPC/Finance

Ive read on this site that majority of trucks in Spain are O/Ds ? Is that true ?

I think the first thing you will need is a permanent spanish address, bank accounts and references

Bank account no problem permanent address no problem refs no problem, so what next ? Does anybody know ?

Just the otherside of the border to you,I would go to the local chamber de commerce here,think there maybe a spanish equivelant,bonne chance or bonno chanceo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon Vascoingles will be here tomorrow, to give you the full SP, unless you pm him

Assuming that you already have the necessary CPC qualification (the UK one should be accepted but will need to be translated and checked out) you then need a tarjeta de tranporte either national or international.

There are 2 ways of obtaining these

1. either buy an existing one from someone who is retiring or leaving the business there are adverts in most Spansh drivers mags.

2. Buy 3 vehicles and put them on the road at the same time and the Spanish will give you 3 O licences free of charge.

An operating centre is not necessary.

Apart from that the usual EU rules reference finance etc apply as usual.

I assume you’d also need a NIE number? Are there any Spanish companies that help with getting a “o” licence, set up, like in the UK?

You would most definitely need an NIE (Numero Identificacion Extranajero) which is your foreigners ID number - without one you cannot open a banl account, rent/buy property etc…

Hi there Hombre. Tell me more about Insight. Seen two of them parked up this weekend, one at San Pedro and another at Sananillas. Do they employ spain based drivers ?. How many trucks do they run and whats the money like ?. Is there much of a turn over of drivers ?.

Ex Haulier:
Hi there Hombre. Tell me more about Insight. Seen two of them parked up this weekend, one at San Pedro and another at Sananillas. Do they employ spain based drivers ?. How many trucks do they run and whats the money like ?. Is there much of a turn over of drivers ?.

i can help you with some answers and i’m sure mark will be along for the others
yes they employ spain based drivers they have about dozen trucks i think but some are as old as W and X reg :open_mouth: the trailers are pretty rough as you never keep them more than a week so nobody looks after them
mark should tell you about the wages as it would be out of order for me to comment but they do have a fairly high turnover of drivers one reason being the running money rather than card situation :unamused:
the truck that hombre drives was once waiting to enter gib when the clutch went so the driver at the time was told by the boss to get the renault dealer sort it out, when the driver asked about an account the boss told him to pay and he’d pay him when he got back from his trip :open_mouth:
needless to say the driver left the truck in la linea and got the bus home