Spanish Fruit Season

Any one know when the first loads of the new season start coming out ?. When does Mr Stobarts Valencia train service start ?.

Usually around the last week of this month but may be delayed because of all the rain in that part of Spain lately. Usually really kicks off in second half of November

fetched first load of pears out of Lereida 6 weeks ago desination Spallding [GEESTE]

Its just beginning to kick off - although only just, Ive seen a couple of Mazo trucks again this week and a Capitrans. As Vascoingles says it will be another 3 or 4 weeks before it really starts to roll. And lets hope Stobarts train service becomes an unmitigated disaster, Spanish hauliers need all the work they can get and Stobarts train wont help at all.

El Ejido is the fruit/veg capital.It has the most banks per square foot than any other place in europe,the area turns over billions with export to northern europe.Modern day boom town,like the gold rush in the states.

toby , shouldnt you be back at school by now ■■

Just tipped a load of satsumas today I brought up from Valencia. Had to wait two days mind.

daleyboy:
Just tipped a load of satsumas today I brought up from Valencia. Had to wait two days mind.

I can really see the train waiting two days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vascoingles:

daleyboy:

I can really see the train waiting two days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And that (hopefully) will be the downfall of this enterprise. I have yet to load in a packhouse when the stuff is ready when its meant to be.

Merche Improvers onion pack house,on Camino de maquiva s/n.Pobla de Villabona,always ready and waiting for us,loaded in 20 minutes.Dodgy geezers try to open cab doors while i was on the bay.

toby1234abc:
Merche Improvers onion pack house,on Camino de maquiva s/n.Pobla de Villabona,always ready and waiting for us,loaded in 20 minutes.Dodgy geezers try to open cab doors while i was on the bay.

Is it still run by a girl / woman called Mercedes? she must be mid 30’s by now.

Ross.

Last time there,it was a woman that signs the CMR,that msut be her,with her husband running it too.I would never park over night there,not that safe.

toby1234abc:
Last time there,it was a woman that signs the CMR,that msut be her,with her husband running it too.I would never park over night there,not that safe.

I always used to park at the Prica (Now Eroski) supermarket opposit Macdonnalds, the only downside of parking there was that the future motorcycle GP stars ragging their mopeds up and down till midnight.

Ross.

toby1234abc:
El Ejido is the fruit/veg capital.It has the most banks per square foot than any other place in europe,the area turns over billions with export to northern europe.Modern day boom town,like the gold rush in the states.

Really ? is that why most big Fridge Companies arent too far away ie. Murcia and surrounding areas ? not that Im familar with the fruit / veg exports from Spain!

routier:

toby1234abc:

Really ? is that why most big Fridge Companies arent too far away ie. Murcia and surrounding areas ? not that Im familar with the fruit / veg exports from Spain!

I always feel like I’m in South America with the number of their inhabitants employed as pickers and packers.

Also with the range of South American products stocked in the local supermarkets.