Spam E-Mails

Please beware we have been notified that a recently registered member has been sending out spam e-mails similar to the now infamous Nigerian Scam
Details HERE

We are aware of this and are taking appropriate action, please do not inform us of any such e-mails from Jude01 as this member has already been deleted

If you recieve this e-mail or any thing similar via this website from another username please let us know ASAP.

Deleted

yorkie*queen:
How do I become unregistered from this site?

You can’t.

Once you’re in, It’s a life sentence (unless you get banned) :smiley:

Change your profile so that your email addy is not available.

Once we know any registered members is sending ‘unwarranted’ P.M.'s we can block their access.
:unamused:

You e-mail either myself or Rikki with a request in writing, so that we can keep a copy of the request in case of future disagreement.

With all due respect, Yorkie Queen, whilst we do our utmost to avoid this kind of thing from happening, there is no way of personally vetting everyone who registers. That’s why we rely on members to let us know so that we can delete and ban users who abuse our Forums in this way.

The only other alternative is for us to ban the sending of e-mail through the site completely, and then leave it up to members to decide whether to “hide” their e-mail addys. The downside to this - and the reason we don’t do it - is that we would then have no way of knowing when someone is abusing the site in this way, and our hands would be completely tied.

i too have been getting a lot of spam lately - how do i remove my email from my profile - isnt it required?

sorry ignore that i was having a blonde moment - i see the preferences duh :unamused:

I was just about to give you detailed instructions as well. :wink: :smiley:

I used to get a lot of these type of e.mails until i started answering them with the following:

Thank you for your very kind offer…unfortunately…i work for the internet police and part of my work is to report these scams to scotland yard. You will be getting a visit very shortly, and your computer will be taken away in order for the hard drive to be scanned for previous misuse, please be aware that we are able to obtain your address from the details given,

I dont seem to get anymore…i must agree that they are a pain in the back side and most have very bad grammar, and lots of spelling mistakes.

sorry coffee hehe :confused:

sorry ignore that i was having a blonde moment

PMSL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

i dont get these emails much but when i do i send them back with that much abuse they dont send me any more the theiving ***** ******** and that was me being polite. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

if you build a collection of them and forward them to each other, they tend to stop arriving :laughing:

More info can be found Here

scanny77:
if you build a collection of them and forward them to each other, they tend to stop arriving :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Bit like putting all your junk mail together and sending back in the return envelopes that you often get with them :wink: