spain

I’m just wondering whether driving jobs in Spain are worth considering if I moved there, is prefer local work tippers construction or containers, what sort of money is expected for full time employment and help would be great thanks

Shift It transport in Gibraltar does Uk to Gib and so does Insight transport at Inkberrow UK, they do Spain, and took the rescue kit down to Italy for the Costa Concordia.
There are numerous fridge firms in the Alicante/Murcia/Elche and Valencia area, but they do not hire Spanish drivers only eastern european drivers.
Wages about 1000 euros per month or less than that,eating from a side box on the trailer.

I’m sure I heard on the BBC World Service a few weeks back that Spain now has the second highest unemployment rate in the world, second only to South Africa. The bottom line is that Spaniards cant get jobs and much of the transport industry is swamped with Romanians and Bulgarians. We have two Romanian drivers at the company I work for here in Canada who both lived in Spain for several years but were forced to leave themselves due to the dire situation in that country.

I know a few people who live there but not truck drivers and they say employment full stop is very hard to find.

adam1987:
I’m just wondering whether driving jobs in Spain are worth considering if I moved there, is prefer local work tippers construction or containers, what sort of money is expected for full time employment and help would be great thanks

Unemployment in the Malaga area is over 40% in the expat community and if you dont speak the lingo its a lot higher …I have a few Pals out there semi retired, and the going is tough, and they have a good few years of local knowledge.
If you have a job stay where you are now as they ALL reckon its getting worse and general unemployment is at 27% according to the BBC last week .

Sounds grim

My advise Adam is that it’s a bad idea and better forgotten.

I was 21 years in Spain and came back last year and was very pleased to be home. Unemployment is very, very serious and your chances not speaking Spanish are simply non-existent. Just as would happen here they blame all the problems on foreigners and you will not find yourself welcome. If you fancy competing with the Eastern European drivers for a job be ready to live on less than 200 quid a week, gross.

David

I have seen driving jobs in Malta and Cyprus on tipper work or local chilled deliveried.English spoken.Good weather.On Eures job site or the job centre and enter which country.

Ok cheers ill focus my search in that direction

Or over land travel firm Dragoman.They do Africa.Middle East.South America.Alaska.Usa.Canada.Europe.Far East.They train you as a probational driver or a co driver.But half a year in the garage learning how to do repairs and breakdowns on their Mercedes fleet of rigid trucks converted to buses.They do London to Katmandu and the Silk route.You can circumnavigate South America combing the Rio de Janeiro carnival with the icebergs in Tierra del Fuego at the bottom if the country.All of Africa.I did the route from Cape Town to Harsre via Swaziland,Lesoto and Mozambique camping in tents and very basic hotels with river rafting,whale spotting.The pay is not much but the experiences will last a lifetime.The only negative wass the personality clashes and falling out big time with fellow tourists or the crew.You all share the duties and chores from cooking to buying provisions at the marjets and running the finances for trips and events on the trip.

Toby, the bloke asked about work in Spain, now you’ve got him driving to Mozambique and Alaska. I just checked my Spain map and neither of those places are in it. It is an old map, I’ll admit, but I have a suspicion that they’re not in a new map of Spain either.

Going off on a tangent is one thing, but going off on a Toby is something completely different :smiley:

Thst was a Toby funny five minutes.He could stop in Spain on the way to Durban.

I need to move a boat in Spain from the north coast across to Barcelona and need a Cat 1 permit (the load is 2.8m wide). This is new territory for me. Anyone know where I can get the permit? The boat is on its own trailer and I’ll use a 4x4 to tow it.

Give Insight transport a call.They have flat bed trailers.They have trucks in Spain and will sort all the paper work.

Anyone no of companies that do house moves to spain

Matthew james from erith in kent

Thanks