Spain

Sorry if it’s been asked before guys, I did try to search but on my iPhone. And it’s hardwork.

Spanish rules…

Can you drive HGV sat/sun? As my company is sending me tomorrow?!? To be there for sat morning…

Heading to Malaga. Already told them its a pretty ■■■■ hard push to get there in under 3 days!

But it’s the big boss who knows nothing about driving… Our transport manager is off, All hells breaking loose.

And then to top it off she has only given me 4?! Night out payments.

Sigh
:frowning:

As far as know, there is no national Sunday ban but I believe there is in the Basque area, so you would need to be south of there
by 2200 on Saturday.
You don’t say where you are setting off from but I would have said the north coast of France, ie Caen or St Malo would be about
2 1/2 shifts to Malaga, about 24 hours driving.
El Ejido to Santander or Bilbao, if I remember correctly, is 12 hours driving.

Regards,
Nick.

and ban in france from 2200 friday to 2200 sunday bastille day

in general no ban in spain apart from basque but also check as certain times of year and certain dates
alot of roads have bans on and not advertised especially madrid areas and stating form 100km areas of madrid

roger red hat:
Sorry if it’s been asked before guys, I did try to search but on my iPhone. And it’s hardwork.

Spanish rules…

Can you drive HGV sat/sun? As my company is sending me tomorrow?!? To be there for sat morning…

Heading to Malaga. Already told them its a pretty ■■■■ hard push to get there in under 3 days!

But it’s the big boss who knows nothing about driving… Our transport manager is off, All hells breaking loose.

And then to top it off she has only given me 4?! Night out payments.

Sigh
:frowning:

WHAT size lorry are you driving?

If you go south of Madrid on the Ocana road,there is a good truck stop at Bailen called an Andumar,it has internet,good showers,and a cheap drivers menu,eggs and bacon for break fast and safe parking.
If you have free time,have a walk around Puerto Banus,on the coast,large marina,full of the rich and famous and expensive yachts.

Assuming from what you say that your destination is Malaga so long as you are out of France by 22.00 Friday evening you will be ok, The driving ban is Basque region was changed a couple of years ago and now as llong as you stay on any of the major through roads such as AP1, A1, AP,8,AP68 you can drive so long as you are not carrying ADR, the only bans in basque are around the Bilbao region at certain times regulating the traffic between Bilbao and Santander at the weekends but this is also not applicable if using the ferry.

The only problems could be in passing Madrid so to be on the safe side to pass Madrid during the night and get about a 100 kms the other side of it then you will have no more problems at all

Vascoingles, i know this is prob gonna sound daft, but i don’t the answer, and guess you might.
does this apply if running upto the french border aswell.
we left madrid, just before last xmas on a job on the sunday. stopped at vittoria for a break and a brew, about 8pm on the sunday night. there were a load of redcaps mooching around in the services, (ap1) whilst in there with my mate, another english driver, (blimey 3 of us at once in spain) the other driver reckoned we couldn’t go any further towards the border till 10pm.
as we were not 100% sure, and in no rush, we waited the 2 hours, just to be safe.
that whole basque region thing has always bothered me. do you know if this guy was right?

Here are a few bans but the list is not exhaustive as I cannot post the link.

Of Course Bastille Day may upset your plans too

nice 1, thanks Wheelnut :slight_smile:

Not been for a while,but the bans around Madrid at the 100 km marker posts,they used to let me run the ban,as long as the traffic was not too bad,when the traffic increased they would pull me in to a service area,if you ran the ban,i never got a fine for it,just waved over with a torch or beacon.

The link to the Guardia Civil Trafico web site showing up to date bans for vehicles over 7.5 tonnes: http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/informacion_carreteras/restricciones/

The link to the Guardia Civil Trafico web site showing bans on dangerous goods: http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/informacion_carreteras/restricciones/mercancias_peligrosas/

The link to the Pais Vasco (Basque) web site showing bans: http://www.trafikoa.net/public/wps/portal/trafico

Some translations and explanations:

Mercancias peligrosas: Dangerous goods
MMA: Maximum permitted weight
PK: Kilometre number on a highway
Ambos sentidos: both directions

chilistrucker:
Vascoingles, i know this is prob gonna sound daft, but i don’t the answer, and guess you might.
we left madrid, just before last xmas on a job on the sunday. stopped at vittoria for a break and a brew, about 8pm on the sunday night. there were a load of redcaps mooching around in the services, (ap1) whilst in there with my mate, another english driver, (blimey 3 of us at once in spain) the other driver reckoned we couldn’t go any further towards the border till 10pm.
as we were not 100% sure, and in no rush, we waited the 2 hours, just to be safe.
that whole basque region thing has always bothered me. do you know if this guy was right?

basically if there is a driving ban in France you may not drive in the Basque region, if there is no ban in France then you can transit Basque region on any one of the main roads

Vascoingles:

chilistrucker:

basically if there is a driving ban in France you may not drive in the Basque region, if there is no ban in France then you can transit Basque region on any one of the main roads

lovely, thanks Vas :wink: