spain

Morning guys, anyone know who’s running to southern spain these days apart from insight and the Morrisons gib lads! Thanks :slight_smile:

Ralph Davies Cheltenham.But mostly UK work now.
Pulleyn Reading on pharmaceuticals out of Madrid then sent anywhere.
Davies Southampton to supply cruise ships for ambient and chilled/frozen goods.
Uki express ltd using owner drivers.
Broughton ltd,formerly Mortimers eat more chips.Melksham based.
Heritage Dover.
S and K Barry South Wales.
Td Williams Bridgend.
Gerry Jones Wales.

toby1234abc:
Ralph Davies Cheltenham.But mostly UK work now.
Pulleyn Reading on pharmaceuticals out of Madrid then sent anywhere.
Davies Southampton to supply cruise ships for ambient and chilled/frozen goods.
Uki express ltd using owner drivers.
Broughton ltd,formerly Mortimers eat more chips.Melksham based.
Heritage Dover.
S and K Barry South Wales.
Td Williams Bridgend.
Gerry Jones Wales.

Can’t believe you forgot Ray White.

Nidd still do Spain

Brian Yeardley in Featherstone near Wakefield, business is booming there, new lorries on order, new work on exhibition and concert work, they also do Adr with high volume trailers, expect to be away for three weeks or more.
Left hand drive experience is required, minimum of five years Lhd experience.

toby1234abc:
Brian Yeardley in Featherstone near Wakefield, business is booming there, new lorries on order, new work on exhibition and concert work, they also do Adr with high volume trailers, expect to be away for three weeks or more.
Left hand drive experience is required, minimum of five years Lhd experience.

They’ve always done high volume trailer work, with a lot of ADR.
When I worked there, you were expected to do 3 weeks away followed by a long weekend home. You could stay out longer if you wanted.
The majority of their fleet was lhd low ride units and lhd experience was required, but 5 years lhd experience required Toby? That seems very high to me.

Simon:

toby1234abc:
… but 5 years lhd experience required Toby? That seems very high to me.

I agree with your comment Simon, but the Tobemeister is correct… brianyeardley.com/careers/

The requirement for 5 years previous experience on left hookers doing Italy and Spain seems a bit of a tall order IF and I say IF you are looking for British drivers! :wink: However, if the recruiting office was to cast its sticky net further afield, Eastwards for example, then the recruitment pool “with experience” is far greater! :wink:

Dare I mention Insight at Inkberrow, they do Spain and Gibraltar for building materials and MOD supplies.
They had the work to take rescue kit for Costa Concordia in Italy.
They do all types of jobs from wide loads and ■■■■■■ loads, flat bed and vehicle transport.
The trucks are not the best, and old trailers.
You may have to repair yourself.
Spot on with the tacho, no pushing.
I worked for them out of Bidford upon Avon when they started out trading as Keys and Phoenix Ltd then at Inkberrow.
Renault Magnums and MAN fleet.
Steve Walker is a decent boss, Gilbert is ok too.

Dave Johnson at Devizies

Bumped into a yeardley driver the other week, thought great will have a chat only to find out he was eastern european.
so it would seem they are taking foreign drivers on.

frenchflyer:
Bumped into a yeardley driver the other week, thought great will have a chat only to find out he was eastern european.

So not only is it that Eastern European firms do most of the European work now if you’re lucky enough to find a British firm doing it the chances are they’ll want Eastern Europeans to drive their trucks.

How long will it be until British drivers are not required ?

bald bloke:

frenchflyer:

So not only is it that Eastern European firms do most of the European work now if you’re lucky enough to find a British firm doing it the chances are they’ll want Eastern Europeans to drive their trucks.

Not necessarily.
I usually see a few Yeardleys drivers on the Sunday night ferry. All Brits, sometimes it’s an Eastern European guy.
I also see drivers from Maru of Huddersfield, all Brits, drivers from Francis, Bradtrans, Millar International, half a dozen other British firms from North England, Scotland and Ireland, almost all Brits/Irish with a very low percentage of Eastern European drivers. These are all smallish local firms (2 to a dozen or so motors), employing their own drivers. One of those might be an Eastern European, possibly 2 in the bigger ones.

That’s good to hear I’m glad it’s not as bad as I thought.

bald bloke:

frenchflyer:

Have a look at this map of average wages to see why Eastern European trucks and drivers are everywhere.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eu … erage_wage

frenchflyer:

On their website it stipulates all the drivers are british,thats bollox :unamused:

bald bloke:

frenchflyer:

I dont think they are required now as for yeardly one of there told me they have two eastern and they have been there a while

toby1234abc:
The trucks are not the best, and old trailers.
You may have to repair yourself.

Ow dear we dont want that coz if a driver has to any physical manual work he will be terminally ill and any sing of hard graft will reduce his life time dramatically