Spain - Digital Tachographs

It has been announced that the Spanish authorities have instructed the police to check all coaches and goods vehicles registered in an EU member state after 01/01/2006 are equipped with digital tachographs. Those equipped with an analogue system will be subject to a fine of between €4600 and €6000.

Coffeeholic:
It has been announced that the Spanish authorities have instructed the police to check all coaches and goods vehicles registered in an EU member state after 01/01/2006 are equipped with digital tachographs. Those equipped with an analogue system will be subject to a fine of between €4600 and €6000.

Unbelievable coming from a country which noticeably fails to regulate its own trucks when travelling abroad. But believable when hearing of Bear’s experiences with his tacho clock.

Looking forward to hearing from Austen and Paul on this.

Salut, David.

It shouldn’t affect them at the moment David as I think the vehicles they send down there are all registered pre Jan 2006.

It is also pretty unbelievable given that the rest of the EU seems to have settled on May 2006 for the introduction of digital tachos. So you can have a truck registered in January that is legal to drive in the rest of the EU but not Spain. I suspect that anyone driving in Spain with a vehicle that looks in the least bit new can expect to be pulled over on a regular basis.

:open_mouth: France will be next at that game then. :unamused:

Not till all the french trucks have them!

Coffeeholic:
It shouldn’t affect them at the moment David as I think the vehicles they send down there are all registered pre Jan 2006.

Ah! Misread your post, thought you meant they would check all EU registered trucks after 1st Jan - not all EU registered trucks registered after 1st Jan. :open_mouth: :confused: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Still not good though. :cry:

Salut, David.

:laughing: But, think about it, how many new UK trucks do you see down Spain then ? Chances are slim. :laughing:

THIS IS THEBEAR REPORTING HOT FROM LA JONQUERA LOLOLOL

No, I have not been visiting any clubs… just taking a break after crossing the border heading to Barcelona :unamused:

Actually, DAF, you see a fair few new trucks down here…mine is only just over 12 months old and I have seen at least 2 55´s this trip alone

BOSS, CAN I COME HOME YET■■? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I haven´t seen my wife this year yet

:open_mouth: :smiley:

The Bear:
mine is only just over 12 months old

Gis a job, if LHD :smiley: