Spain and italy

could anyone tell me how there toll systems work and what cards you need to use ? i’ve looked on the stickys and i’m none the wiser, any info would be much appreciated. thanks all :slight_smile:

For italy you will need to get a VIA card or Telepass for automatic peages . You can also use Mastercard or Visa, but I am sure the normal fuel card wont work.

Not sure about Spain but Euroshell will work on the toll routes

with the via card do you just hand it to the teller or swipe through a machine, will it then be charged to the company.

VIACARDS can be obtained where the toll is charged to your account.
Alternatively, you can buy VIACARDS with a pre-set amount of credit on them. You can buy those at most Autostrada
service areas, and often they can be bought using fuelcards (providing your card allows non-fuel transactions).
Try Harbour Shipping, as they supply them and I believe they can set up an account for you.
As Wheelnut says, it’s also possible to use VISA or MASTERCARD. Of course, theres also the cash option, although
most peages are relutant to take large denomination notes (500euro).
If you’ve not been before, be aware that not all peages are manned, with an increasing number of automatic ones.
Peages in Italy do not accept any of the usual fuelcards for payment.

thanks alot is that more or less the same for in spain as well do they take fuel cards

Spain take Fuel cards as payment as well as credit cards, but I’ve had problems with both before now. I’ve now got a toll box that does both the French and Spainish tolls. For Italy we have a Via Card that works through our DKV account.

Spain will take most fuel cards on most stretches except on the stretch going around La Coruna for example where they won’t even accept Euroshell

as has already been said you cant use fuel cards in italy. we tried it on a few trips with shell cards. its no hope

TRY looking through HERE

if all else fails in italy and you’re really stuck just ask them for a ticket to pay in the post office after your journey.
they give you a time to pay and your boss can even pay over tinterweb they just take all your truck details and give you a long printed ticket with their bank details on

welshboyinspain:
if all else fails in italy and you’re really stuck just ask them for a ticket to pay in the post office after your journey.
they give you a time to pay and your boss can even pay over tinterweb they just take all your truck details and give you a long printed ticket with their bank details on

And if you don’t pay it within the specified time, they send you a reminder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

welshboyinspain:

And if you don’t pay it within the specified time, they send you a reminder. :stuck_out_tongue:

so thats where shergar went :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: