SOUTHERN TRANSPORT STS (With Photo's)

retiredladytrucker:
Here are a few pics from our days working for Dave Luff (Portsmouth).Anybody know what he is up to nowadays? and the whereabouts of this F12 - L23 WOR (believed to be ex Davies, Southampton).

Hi. How are you. I worked for luffy, when Shaun was there with another driver from Gosport. I drove one of those Volvos theywhere ex Davis trucks. Dont know what Luffy is up to, but he still owes me money when he went bust. We done Portugal nearly all the time…

Regards Dennis

Heres a few of STS motors :laughing:
Heres one of Danny Moss’s truck in Milan Italy

And a Model of Gingers truck i made then i sold to Ron Griffiths at STS and it was in the boardroom at the Depot in Southampton on display…

Regards Kev :laughing:

And the Man himself in Lisbon Portugal sprucing himself up…

and the whole truck in Lisbon

Rgards Kev :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Kev,
Found these that someone put on elsewhere

Here,s another one of mine. Can only just make out STS tilt though
In Genoa waiting for ferry to Sardinia

As usual Brill pics Ton…That was the Volvo that Compo had after STS…Polly drove it for a while for Mark…

Regards Kev

nice pic’s tony i drove the scania for horace for 5 years after john from reading left, lovelly motor good job john shaw was about used to get a few problem’s but he alway’s sorted it except when gearbox went coming round versailles won saturday on way home only time she never got home under her own steam :laughing:

gerbil sb152:
nice pic’s tony i drove the scania for horace for 5 years after john from reading left, lovelly motor good job john shaw was about used to get a few problem’s but he alway’s sorted it except when gearbox went coming round versailles won saturday on way home only time she never got home under her own steam :laughing:

Re the 141 VHO 502V,Andy Harris had that new.Then after a month he jacked and I got it.When I went into hospital,that crawling sob John Herbert wormed his way in and got it No hard feelings there!! When I came back to work,Horace bought me a clapped out Transcon with a 350 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ like a train.Not so good at stopping though.I hit a nun up the chuff just outside Brest.But thats another story. :laughing: :laughing:

gerbil sb152:

Hi Kev mate,
I,ve got a vague recollection of running with you when you had that scania, not too far from Le Havre you had to pull over onto hard shoulder a bit quick.
bloody great puddle of oil if i remember right.
Cant for the life of me recall what problem was ( did it happen or am i going senile? )
Regards Tony

hi tony
yes mate you were correct about the oil leak the oil spinner had come loose and blew oil out everywhere, i think john shaw was there as well and sorted it or one of pat’s drivers for sure i think i had only just started driving it so did’nt know what a spinner was.also the sts trator at the front of the row in milan with jimmy ski was me as well. :laughing: .does any one know where horace lives on the isle of wight.

Hi All, Good to see all the Southampton threads still on the front Page… Been absent for a few weeks but back tonight… I Willl post some more pics soon… Regards Kev…

Here,s a couple for you Kev ( nice to see you back again mate )

Taken in Genoa waiting for ferry

This one,s in Sardinia. Thats Ginger in the background - we were there for five days waiting to load machinery from a closed down refinery
Strip outs as you can see :cry: :cry: :cry: - and me with a bloody step-frame

Jim Streets old Daf ( sorry about quality )

Life Boats to Castellamare dei Stabia (Napoli). Ginger, “Spadger” and Andy Harris I think. This foto at the Napoli peage. We walked to the Pizzeria just off the turn and timed the prostitute doing her “turns” across the road. We got asked thousands of times “Where they going, how much are they worth?” Probably thought it was worth trying to knick them!

Simplon Pass. I think both the other trucks are 141 and F12. On the way to the Milan Grand prix for Tellies!

Pat I think this is one of yours with a Janaway, someone said James Janaway had passed away,what a character I remember when Ron Griffiths son Stuart went bust at the creditors meeting he wanted to do all sorts of things to Stuarts body took a few of us to restrain him he was a big guy !

MaggieD:
Pat I think this is one of yours with a Janaway, someone said James Janaway had passed away,what a character I remember when Ron Griffiths son Stuart went bust at the creditors meeting he wanted to do all sorts of things to Stuarts body took a few of us to restrain him he was a big guy !

Hi MaggieD

Yes that was one of mine driven for a while by ‘Black’ Barry Evans but then by Pat Scorey, here he is

Yes I heard that James had died he did used to get a little bit excited, I believe the ministry shut down his haulage, but he had a big farm I think.

Regards Pat

Here are some pics sent to me by John McCann of McCann International Transport, One of Old Owen Furey’s Scania

Owen and Kevin Furey’s old Scania

EMS 275V

DFP 471Y

Thanks for the pics John… Regards Kev

This photo compliments of James Davies AKA Horrie

Micky Long in Le Havre

Here are a few pics from our days working for Dave Luff (Portsmouth).Anybody know what he is up to nowadays? and the whereabouts of this F12 - L23 WOR (believed to be ex Davies, Southampton).