Southampton

So im just at home thinking about how i live next to a huge container port with loads of trucking companys around and wondered how many of us on this site live in southampton or the surrounding area and what kind of work do they do…

acceptme:
So im just at home thinking about how i live next to a huge container port with loads of trucking companys around and wondered how many of us on this site live in southampton or the surrounding area and what kind of work do they do…

i live in downton nr salisbury work as goods in assitant and forklift at a ford dealership till i get my hgv licence do u live in millbrook?

i live in regents park mate… its in between shirley and millbrook

acceptme:
i live in regents park mate… its in between shirley and millbrook

not to bad millbrook is a ■■■■ hole

haha ur telling me… the only good thing about millbrook is the brickies pud… 2pound a pint… cant argue that…

acceptme:
haha ur telling me… the only good thing about millbrook is the brickies pud… 2pound a pint… cant argue that…

and there is a kfc

i live in millbrook done containers for many years now drive a bus in southampton [more money & less hours]

dilbert:
i live in millbrook done containers for many years now drive a bus in southampton [more money & less hours]

sorry to hear you live in millbrook :laughing:

im looking to move to redbridge as i got friends who live there and potentially more work options

ah right so there is a few of us then…dilbert do u ever drive the 17/17a i use the bus to get into town seeing as i dont own a motor… not a bad service here if im honest…

sorry mate wrong bus company but i did work for sct/first at one time got cheesed off and went back on the trucks . i think i will stay on the buses now as container jobs seem very unstable now and the wages get lower and lower. millbrook is ok its just some/most of the people!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :

i used to live in southampton and i love the place, i would move back tomorrow if i could. i used to live in briarswood, winchester rd near the hospital.

i used to work in the shipyards… a&p, husbands, testbank and mef.

hiya JD i did a few years at husbands scraping barnacles & antifouling at marchwood & the dry dock, then went to ISR at hardley with them before i took my HGV about 1975 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: lived in holbury,shirley,millbrook,lordswood,alicante and back to millbrook :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dilbert:
hiya JD i did a few years at husbands scraping barnacles & antifouling at marchwood & the dry dock, then went to ISR at hardley with them before i took my HGV about 1975 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: lived in holbury,shirley,millbrook,lordswood,alicante and back to millbrook :smiley: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i was a welder, and at a&p was always at the bottom of the dry dock. some goods lads worked there but but some tossers as well.