Southampton LEZ Uturn

Council U-turn over Southampton clean air charge bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-46807426

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m from manchester they have recently put forward plans to introduce clean zone . Covering the whole of greater Manchester.
Aprrantly it’s not a tax won’t affect private cars.

But will affect busses trucks and white van man.

Yet in the next breath they approving plans to.build 20000 new house and apartments in the area.

Also.been around the north east today and Newcastle are making a u turn on it as well

Southampton could solve their problem if they fixed it so the Cruise ships could plug in, instead of running their engines for power at the quayside.

In some ports in America and Germany, Shore Power technology exists which plugs ships into the grid for energy as opposed to running their diesel engines. Sadly, we don’t have a single facility anywhere in the UK. So a cruise ship unplugs from a port in New York, sails across the ocean and then continues to pollute in our city for the duration of its stay.

sera.org.uk/cruise_ships_and_clean_air

Santa:
Southampton could solve their problem if they fixed it so the Cruise ships could plug in, instead of running their engines for power at the quayside.

In some ports in America and Germany, Shore Power technology exists which plugs ships into the grid for energy as opposed to running their diesel engines. Sadly, we don’t have a single facility anywhere in the UK. So a cruise ship unplugs from a port in New York, sails across the ocean and then continues to pollute in our city for the duration of its stay.

So true Santa [emoji6] the Od container boys with their Euro 5 truck can breathe a sigh of relief now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santa:

This was a problem that locals complained about with the ferries at all the ports . A real problem with many of the older freight boats , you could always tell when they were running by the stink in the air .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk