Southampton Docks

Been given a run to Southampton Docks tomorrow morning. 6am Start. :smiley:

Just a rigid curtainsider. Delivery to a cruise ship.

Anyone any advice re: finding loading points at the docks?

I have not been given any paperwork yet but hope there is a Post Code or Gate Number and that I don’t end up going round and round in circles looking for this cruise ship.

Dean

At least it a cruise ship

I was given the name of a boat at Immingham which I had to find no post code on that 1 just name of boat & Immingham Docks :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If it has a gate No. it should be easy as Southampton dock is well sign posted on the ring road

Lets hope so.

Thanks Animal x

Whenever I have delivered to a Cruise Ship I have been really well taken care of.
Food and drink was layed on all day and everyone just helped themselves.
Fingers crossed that you get some of that treatment. :smiley:

fodentanker:
Whenever I have delivered to a Cruise Ship I have been really well taken care of.
Food and drink was layed on all day and everyone just helped themselves.
Fingers crossed that you get some of that treatment. :smiley:

That sounds good. But to be honest so long as I get the job done safely and on time I will be a happy man. Any extras would be a bonus. After all I am ‘Only The Agency Driver’ :grimacing:

When you get to the docks, use this. It will help you find what you want! :slight_smile:

tongue.jpg

44 Tonne Ton:
When you get to the docks, use this. It will help you find what you want! :slight_smile:

I take it you are talking about the power of speech as opposed to any other use of my tongue :bulb:

when you get to the docks you will find a moron in a hi viz vest in a hut who will tell you where to go
for cruise ships i think you would be looking at dockgate 4 or 10 which is closer to the town/westquay

Managed to find it thanks.

Plenty of (un)helpful people in hi viz vests and jackets all pretending to look important.

Thanks for help guys and girls.

Shame I was only delivering and not boarding as a passenger.

Dean

So just a "little " one for you to find :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Did they take of you?
Any food or drink offered?

Nice one!

Been a very long day. Delivered to another big liner. Think it was called Arora. Spa equipment to QE and science equipment to other one.

Certainly had no trouble finding either of them.

No food or drink offered. But spa manager on QE was very chatty and very pretty. Def made up for it :slight_smile:

Local multidrop tomorrow and interview Monday. Woohoo

Looks like it was a nice run for you today I had 1 days driving last week it’s great to not have the instructor sat next to you isnt it I only had a drive round liverpool and Manchester area
Good luck with Monday

John

First day with no instructor / examiner was strange but soon got into swing of it.

Yes it’s been a nice little run today. Early start but worth it :slight_smile:

Dean