Southampton container terminal

1st time tomorow, been told if you have a VBS number you dont need to go to pre-gate the transfer area details are in the number :open_mouth: cant see it myself, any ideas, btw im just going in with an empty trailer to pick a loaded box up if that makes any difference

Go to pre gate and input your vbs .It will tell you to go to the exit.input your reg then you will get Transfer area .Area 1,2 or 3.Drive round to your allocated area .Look for the slot allocation machine and input your reg to get a location.Get there and set up your trailer.Reverse into position and get out when he brings your box.Once loaded move and park in the seal check area .Lock your twistlocks and go into the hut to input your container .After that you can exit.Make sure you do the online induction before you go You can do it at home.

It’s decades…

Since I messed around with boxes down there but, I do remember drivers not getting out whilst the box is dropped only to see the box disapear back into the stack. No standy outside of lorry, no boxy woxy dropped onto lorry.

This might be the link for the induction.

dpworldsouthampton.com/vehi … assessment

Have a nice day.

WheelsofCardiff:
Go to pre gate and input your vbs .It will tell you to go to the exit.input your reg then you will get Transfer area .Area 1,2 or 3.Drive round to your allocated area .Look for the slot allocation machine and input your reg to get a location.Get there and set up your trailer.Reverse into position and get out when he brings your box.Once loaded move and park in the seal check area .Lock your twistlocks and go into the hut to input your container .After that you can exit.Make sure you do the online induction before you go You can do it at home.

All very helpfull, thankyou

yourhavingalarf:

Have a nice day.

Completed in 6 minutes :open_mouth: :laughing:

chaversdad:

yourhavingalarf:

Have a nice day.

Completed in 6 minutes :open_mouth: [emoji38]

The container lift might take slightly longer than that.

DpWorld…

I mean, come on, it sounds like something completely different.

yes, it can be a bit tight down there… :open_mouth: :wink:

No wonder theres ques all the time, 6 terminals to stop at and input your details just to pick up a box, in saying that i was in and out in 40 minutes but theres no need for all the fannying about, teesport is 1booking in terminal ,take your ticket and away you go, i spent more time typing my registration on 6 corona riddled keyboards than i did under the lifter !