Southampton agency maybe?

This is going to be a bit long winded so I’ll apologise now :unamused:
I’ve found this forum a godsend since learning to drive the big ones nearly 3 years ago and for that thanks everyone.

My wife’s had things a bit rough in the past 18 months firstly her dad died and then her mum,so she’s been feeling a bit like lifes got it in for her a bit.
Now I love driving trucks it’s a great way of earning a living i’ve always tramped firstly on flatbeds now on for DHL doing boxes,my dream as some know is for going over the water but thats ended now as my wife wants me to be at home more and i don’t blame her.she say’s i should see more of the children etc…As much as I love trucking I love her more.
We have had a good talk today and she’s not being silly and demanding I jack it in today but just work out some options and here is where I need some advice.

I live on the isle-of-wight and unfortunately local firms are a no no as the money is diabolical.
So it’s over to Southampton I have to go,this is not a problem but it’s a bit expensive but will still pay in the long run.
I,m really looking for night trunk ,shunt or similar work mainly because I can get to work easier than early in the morning due to the ferries.Getting to work is not a problem as I have a moped in Southampton so I can get around a bit.
So it looks like agency work as the pay is better per hour than having a permanent job.I’m not a truck lover so don’t mind being in and out of different cabs.

So if there any bright ideas chuck em my way please.
I know it’s the wrong time of year for agency but I’ll give anything a go.

Sorry it’s a long post but i thought it best to put the whole story in

Thanks All,
:open_mouth: :astonished:

cannot offer any advice re ur post flub, but good luck and i hope it works out for you and family… :wink:

just done a very quick search of memberlists and here are a few members who live in the area your looking for work. try pm them …good luck
tarmac terrorist–portsmouth
mickey mouse–hampshire
dom–hampshire
play nicely–hampshire
millsbat–havant

no problem. email me with your requirements and i will get back to you within a day MAX :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

to hell with it. im bored. WATCH THIS SPACE

DRIVERS 02380339293
ADR 02380511110
DRIVELINK 02380551122
LOGISTICS 02380488720
BEST CONNECTION 02380333188

i called a couple of them but things are a bit slow at the moment. give me a shout if you need any more help :smiley:

Also try the Job Centre Plus website, there were 5 pages of driving jobs around soton. Some of those were for night trunk work, I think one was out of Nursling, so not to far to go on the bike! Money didnt look too bad either!!

if all else fails, what about a full time job? British Bakeries have at least 12 agency drivers a day. they cant get enough of their own. Class 2 pay is £375 p/w for 6 days. 3.30am/5am start, finished by 12, normally between 9.30 - 10.30. i cant remember their number but its on my tail-lift so i can get it tomorrow if you are interested. they do class 1 too though and it is an easy job. iv got 6 drops a day locally

Thanks for replies everyone I’ve just got in from being away all week I’ve not been ignoring you. :blush: :open_mouth:

I called most agencies in the Southampton area this week and got the same response from them all.

It’s S L O W at the moment.
Did the jobcentre search and will be calling in the morning about one job :smiley:

The Echo had a night job in it yesterday I called ay 16.20 but it had gone!! :angry: :angry:

Thanks again,
Flub

let me know if you need any more help :slight_smile:

good luck