South Yorkshire Trainers

Ive just passed my lgv theory and hazard perception test and now looking for a training school for the practical side in cat c. I have read a lot of on here on what to avoid like the middle men etc and some excellent advice from the legend Peter Smythe amongst others.

The training schools in my area that i keep coming across are emms of doncaster, atlas lgv training and tal training, has anyone been with any of these and recommend any? Peter Smythe in Mansfield is 23 miles from me so that is definitely an options from the recommendations iv’e seen on here. I’m not familiar with the roads in Mansfield, would that matter as i know all the roads in Rotherham and Doncaster where the other trainers are?

I will ring around tomorrow and ask questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your time all

Peter and I are your closest trainers on here.

Paul

I suggest you book a couple of assessments; I’d like to think you might include me in that!

This might help a little: dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

And don’t worry about the roads in Mansfield. We don’t know what rush hour and traffic jams look like!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi mate, I went with Tal training Sheffield for both cat C and C+E (passed first attemp on artic this week!!!. Excellent training school in my opinion Mel was a great trainer with lots of experience. Manual trucks 4 over 4 not brand new but ok for purpose. Test will be at Handsworth so you will cover around South Sheffield and Rotherham which will be great for you.
Did you say C training then C+E if so Volvo rigid would be best rather than their MAN as is same as their artic in terms of gear box. Hope this helps and good luck with training!!!