South west trucking companies

Was just wondering if their was anyone out there who knows of anyone taking on class 1 drivers in the south west ,Cornwall,Devon area as I am looking to head back home after four years in my cab and wanting to get my quality of life back,looking for mon-fri work or tramping work(isn’t everyone…I know). And would be willing to travel just to be able to get my weekends back. Many thanks in advance for any help or leads

Yes - I’m sending you a job vacancy that has just been advertised today.

I believe that it’s in Truro. Monday to Friday.

I’m sure there was someone on here quite a while ago who was relocating to Devon or Cornwall but can’t think who it was now as he may be able to help you.

Got it Suedehead.

You might be better off working for a company based outside the southwest, your last run on friday being into the westcountry and finishing your week at home if they don’t mind the truck being parked up at the weekends.

mucker85:
You might be better off working for a company based outside the southwest, your last run on friday being into the westcountry and finishing your week at home if they don’t mind the truck being parked up at the weekends.

Any ideas of firms that would do this sort of thing as well would be gladly received

I see sitra tankers down this way regularly.

Gregory’s and their sister comp Kay’s transport want drivers in the SW at the min

Gregs are always looking. That’s not to say its no good but there ain’t many folk down there.