South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all,
I went out as second man on Saturday.Taking a 48 tonne baler to a scrap yard in Ammanford.

Nice pics, what would that unit cost,£250,000 to £300,000 ish ■■

Paul caught two near Southampton.

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi all,
I went out as second man on Saturday.Taking a 48 tonne baler to a scrap yard in Ammanford.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the picture. Let’s just say that Scania cost, considerably more than your estimate. One hell of a tool, that load I accompanied was a tiddler by comparison to what it usually moves. Here’s a few Welsh images from a long time ago…

Sent from my AGS2-W09 using Tapatalk

pete 359:
“DEANB” “pete 359” Hi all,

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the picture. Let’s just say that Scania cost, considerably more than your estimate. One hell of a tool, that load I accompanied was a tiddler by comparison to what it usually moves.

Cant afford to have those motors sat idle Andrew ! :laughing: I know someone local to me who put a FH16 750 bhp heavy haulier on the road
about 2 years ago and that was around the £230/250,000 mark. That Scania has an extra axle and will be plated higher. Serious wedge to
put one of those outfits on the road when you then have to add the trailer. :wink:

Wynns.

Click on page twice to read.

DEANB:

pete 359:
“DEANB” “pete 359” Hi all,

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the picture. Let’s just say that Scania cost, considerably more than your estimate. One hell of a tool, that load I accompanied was a tiddler by comparison to what it usually moves.

Cant afford to have those motors sat idle Andrew ! :laughing: I know someone local to me who put a FH16 750 bhp heavy haulier on the road
about 2 years ago and that was around the £230/250,000 mark. That Scania has an extra axle and will be plated higher. Serious wedge to
put one of those outfits on the road when you then have to add the trailer. :wink:

Wynns.

Click on page twice to read.

Hiya,
Can anyone tell me when Wynn’s closed their Trafford Park depot.

Hi Harry, I new a few of Wynnes lads , They stopped at the same digs as I did Ma Smiths on Hyde Road Ardwick Green Manchester, Tel No Ard 1858.One of the best digs that I stayed in, Can you recall where Wynnes yard was in Manchester :question: , Regards Larry

Hiya,
Yes Larry, when travelling from the Old Trafford end of the
“highway in the sky” Wynn’s yard was on your left hand side
heading towards Salford I did about six weeks for them was
known to them and recently parted company from Walshy
which me living in Darwen was just round the corner, I was
invited to stay on but it was a bad place to get to it was a
great job but the travelling was a killer, As maybe you know
Walshy carried quite a bit of abnormal indivisable stuff.
Sorry about encroaching on your land lads but I have talked
about Wynns in my ramblings.\

found this on fb

19D79715-5B48-4C65-ABBC-F62D01A35920.jpeg

smallcoal:
found this on fb

A cracking looking motor and very modern looking cab for its time, is that wiper blade over the top of the guttering?

pete smith:

smallcoal:
found this on fb

A cracking looking motor and very modern looking cab for its time, is that wiper blade over the top of the guttering?

Hi Pete yes air operated I think gone to far over

smallcoal:
found this on fb

That’s a very young Reg Camps.Original photo given to me by Graham Hillman.Firdt posted on here in 2010,
Regards Andrew.

Taken in elldis yard waiting to transship of one of their trailers

pete 359:

smallcoal:
found this on fb

That’s a very young Reg Camps.Original photo given to me by Graham Hillman.Firdt posted on here in 2010,
Regards Andrew.

Well i didn’t know that was reggie nice truck and nice condition

smallcoal:

pete 359:

smallcoal:
found this on fb

Regards Andrew.

Well i didn’t know that was reggie nice truck and nice condition

It would be in nice condition,Its brand new.They moved several coal tips from the Afan valley,late 50’s through to mid 60’s.My father was on the job,driving a GUY tipper with Happy Valley Haulage.
Regards Andrew.

According to fb his name is bromley related to mostyn someone’s put on there also a billy Lewis worked there it’s on port talbot old and new fb

smallcoal:

pete smith:

smallcoal:
found this on fb

Hi Pete yes air operated I think gone to far over

Hiya,
The wiper over the gutter was a common problem with that
model of AEC easy fixed with a bit of alloy angle and a pop
rivet or two, BRS method anyway should have been a recall.

F89 progress pics:

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

rward:
F89 progress pics:

Very nice rowly looking smart how you keeping any more projects on the go :smiley:

pete 359:

smallcoal:
found this on fb

Regards Andrew.

that’s not reg camps . that’s Bromle .

Hi all. Rowly, the 89 is looking sweet. Nice job on it.
Paul

Any one moving soon ? Buzzer