South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

I can honestly say that I cant remember that M.A.N. with Ronnie S Evans! :open_mouth:

Great to see it though.

E.W.

Been watching keeping faith ,the haulage yard scenes were filmed in port talbot in camps yard down the docks also filmed in alpha steels Newport

EW car truck & bus:
I can honestly say that I cant remember that M.A.N. with Ronnie S Evans! :open_mouth:

Great to see it though.

E.W.

Hi E.W.
Thanks for your reply.Tbh,I never knew he had that MAN until Ronnie (r.i.p.) showed me that picture at Banc several years ago.They still run a few MAN…
Regards Andrew.

Hi everyone looking for a 6x2 scania 143 for a friend thanks regards rowly ward

rward:
Hi everyone looking for a 6x2 scania 143 for a friend thanks regards rowly ward

Hi rowly is it for restoration or show what year i will keep my eyes open on my travels mate

Hi smallcoal newer the better but it does not matter condition but the better it his would be great regards rowly

I was in Pontardullias yesterday what a waste of an old steel place coated metals,all fenced off

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi all,
Four images here from Swansea based companies…

4C632492-1C80-4FC2-BC6B-2E5D23107AE2.jpeg

Hi all,
A number of welsh BRS motors here…

943EFC5E-15DD-496D-A298-95A24D320152.jpeg

Hi all,
A DAF here from Cyril Williams of Brynmawr and an old article about some of the problems associated with the Middle East run,John Evans Transport of Newport are mentioned…

91EC0642-890A-4E51-AE75-76D8AB0275C7.jpeg

Hi all,more bad news on the radio orb works Newport are closing down Tatar announced today they no longer keeping it going more steelworkers going to be unemployed

smallcoal:
Hi all,more bad news on the radio orb works Newport are closing down Tatar announced today they no longer keeping it going more steelworkers going to be unemployed

Is that all of the Steel works John or just part of it ?

T.D.Williams 1989.

wales 89 tdw.PNG

DEANB:

smallcoal:

T.D.Williams 1989.

Hi dean the whole lot is going mate

N.M.P
Morning Andrew,
I think this may be a Welsh Operator! Was their yard by the roundabout for the entrance to the Ind.Est?

69763086_1520141764793415_6210484330188242944_n(1).png

smallcoal:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

T.D.Williams 1989.

Thats proper bad news John, i would imagine that a huge percentage of people living in Port Talbot must work there. :cry:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

T.D.Williams 1989.

Thats proper bad news John, i would imagine that a huge percentage of people living in Port Talbot must work there. :cry:

Hi Dean,
The Orb works is in Newport mate, you must pay more attention in class!

pete smith:

Hi Dean,
The Orb works is in Newport mate, you must pay more attention in class!
[/quote]
Morning Pete,you are right ! :wink:

I seem to remember that Joint Motorways was a favourite of yours Andrew.

wales jointm.PNG

Another of hills.
The Western BRS Mastiff ended up on the isle of wight under the islandlink banner.

Hi Coop
Re: the photo of the brs/dcl Bristol I don’t know if you are aware but they were operated by Bridgend Depot out of the Carbide Works which was where Kenfig Ind:Est:: is now.
They ran the hoppers to British Geon/ Resin on Sully Moors rd: in Barry and obviously returned with empties.
Green cab & black chassis if I remember correctly, oh and no passenger seat !
(Curly Bill again)
Regards Allan8

pete smith:
N.M.P
Morning Andrew,
I think this may be a Welsh Operator! Was their yard by the roundabout for the entrance to the Ind.Est?

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the DAF photo,Yes Maldwyn Davies’ yard was there.I always used to chat with him at the Swansea event,every June.
Dean,thanks for the Joint Foden photo,although they never actually ran that truck,It’s been owned by their former Shrewsbury foreman since 1985,So you could say its been a Joint lorry,longer than anything or anyone else’s.
Mrsteel,Thanks for the information,Stan Morris used to tell me all about the dolomite job.Ive only just started to recover from our brilliant time at the 2019 Retro Truckshow,Big party there last weekend!! Photos to follow…
regards Andrew.