South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi all,
I spoke with long standing member,Dai Cap earlier today.He has lost all of his log in information and is currently locked out of Trucknet.Can anyone help him please? If yes,then please contact Dai directly.
Regards Andrew.

Hi all,
I am going to Hell in a handcart with the new picture uploading tool! Two days after first trying,you should see? a Wynns contractor,now owned by a great friend of mine,Scammell enthusiast Rob Wilson from Pontypool.

pete 359:
Hi all,
I am going to Hell in a handcart with the new picture uploading tool! Two days after first trying,you should see? a Wynns contractor,now owned by a great friend of mine,Scammell enthusiast Rob Wilson from Pontypool.

Heres a clipping of a Wynns contractor from 1977.

wales wynns 77.PNG

pete 359:
Hi all,

See it quite clearly mate, ta :wink:

pete 359:

Ford and a Bedford behind it I enjoyed working for Jones when I was in school and when I left school the reason the ford is parked like that the door wouldn’t lock :laughing: :laughing:

Hey coop,
Youv’e heard of the last post , this is the first
Interesting photo of the Cyril Williams Trusty in Ebbw Vale. I am sure that the guy loading it is his brother Glyn.
Before the Vale closed Glyn and his son ran a couple of motors from there and were known as Tubed & Tubeless. If they loaded one each for Catnic they would run one down the night before get picked up in the car then both go down in the morning in the second one to be first in the queue. Also if I remember correctly their garage was in Gilwern

Hi mr steel how’s you keeping this long time once you put first post on there will be no stopping you ,hope all ok mate :smiley:

Mrsteel:
Hey coop,
Youv’e heard of the last post , this is the first
Interesting photo of the Cyril Williams Trusty in Ebbw Vale. I am sure that the guy loading it is his brother Glyn.
Before the Vale closed Glyn and his son ran a couple of motors from there and were known as Tubed & Tubeless. If they loaded one each for Catnic they would run one down the night before get picked up in the car then both go down in the morning in the second one to be first in the queue. Also if I remember correctly their garage was in Gilwern

Hi Mrsteel,
Great to hear the memories,stories and the nicknames.Ive always loved those.Tubed and tubeless,FFS love it…

24A5C08A-0A64-4CB7-9615-C04F2DEE59B1.jpeg

Hi all,
This is a new restoration to me.Looks fantastic imo…

52CEFA8D-27F3-4363-AA5A-7E3EFEF39B73.jpeg

Hi all,
Another pair of WYNNS here,firstly the Contractor tractor unit that’s now been fully restored and a SCANIA 140…

63C88041-D427-4630-B8CE-A13D8AB8D374.jpeg

Hi all,
Some then and now here.Back in 2015 new to Ronnie S. Evans,Now in the TWT fleet from Ystrad Mynach.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Some then and now here.Back in 2015 new to Ronnie S. Evans,Now in the TWT fleet from Ystrad Mynach.

Hi Andrew,are ronnies trucks bought or leased ,how long does he keep them for twt had a nice well looked after truck not like ours

Hi all,
I found this image online somewhere…

Hi all,
Image courtesy of Chris Richards,a former J.R. F10 coming into Magor services…

8FA1C69C-1852-49FA-9B6C-3970C92E5727.jpeg

Bowles Concrete from Cardiff.

press wales.PNG

DEANB:
Bowles Concrete from Cardiff.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for that picture and the recent Pm’s.Here,courtesy of Chris Richards are a few South Wales motors,from days gone by…

3A011C83-F2F0-48AB-B614-DCA43F5FEC56.jpeg

Scooter 1
Have recently joined Trucknet and found a post from you from 2009 headed Dowlais Top.
The photo was taken outside the Don cafe at the top of Glyn neath bank ( rhigos). PTX 200F coupled to JR 29 a
fifty ft:: King trombone with the late Charlie Howe at the wheel. He was en route to Ebbw Vale works and the
pickle line extension that Rees & Kirkby were doing at the time. I drove for John Raymond at that time working
out of Rees & Kirkby Morriston doing local and distance work. The photo brought back a lot of memories)

pete 359:
Hi all,
I found this image online somewhere…

Looks like an F7 in a convoy ? :sunglasses:

1. BRS Seddon.

1967 wales brs psw.PNG.jpg