South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:
W.G. Davies Crusader.

Hi Dean,
Nice article cover…I remember that Crusader brand new in WGs yard UCY 88S…As with all WGs like the modern day Eddie Stobart trucks they all had names…UCY 88S was the BEANO.

Regards Mark

smallcoal:
Hi all this was on deans page move hire Wales anybody know abut this firm and what work they done

Hi John,
Move Hire Wales were from Cardiff…run by a guy by the name of Gun…they had a contract hauling sofa’s and chairs for a company that I think is no longer around called Presteige Upholstery…I don’t think they were anything to do with Chritie Tyler…I think Move Hire Wales finished in the early nineties.

Regards Mark

image.jpeg-2.jpg

Lifestyle were part of the Walker Holmes Group who were originally Classic Upholstery from East Moors in Cardiff…same no longer around.

image.jpeg-3.jpg

Hi all,
More classic Wynns photos.

[attachment=5]123B529A-3A1F-405D-BF41-456DEA7B70D7.png[/attachment]

Some nice pics of Wynns contractors Andrew. :smiley:

Where would this bedford had been based ■■

Hi all. Dean the Welsh National Opera have been based in Cardiff since 1943. The Empire theatre was their main home venue, not sure if its still in existence now.
They still tour the U.K and Europe.

Paul.

Paul John:
Hi all. Dean the Welsh National Opera have been based in Cardiff since 1943. The Empire theatre was their main home venue, not sure if its still in existence now.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the information,I can only remember the Transcon and Renault years with WNO.Ive seen more recently Les Jones’ DAF’s.I was under the impression they do the WNO work now?
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

Paul John:

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the information,I can only remember the Transcon and Renault years with WNO.Ive seen more recently Les Jones’ DAF’s.I was under the impression they do the WNO work now?
Regards Andrew.

I thought that pic you posted of the Transcon and Renault on the last page rung a bell Andrew ! :smiley:

Click on pages twice to read.

Looks like Steel Boys morning after Gaydon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi paul,
This accident happened near whitland in Pembrokeshire.The Guy Invincible KAX 85D was owned by J.M.Watkins Abergavenny.The driver survived.

Hi Andrew. Those farming boys from Abergavenny were a tough lot! J&M Watkins had a great line up of A series ERFs at one time. They always looked good as you passed their yard, either on the old road or the Heads Of The Valley A465?

Regards Paul

Hi all,
A few more Wynns shots.

Stanfield:

Hi Stanfield,
Thanks for the Pacific photo.looks like that one is pulling a fairly heavy lump.This 142 was owned by G,M.Lang from Bridgend and driven by Aled Jones who these days drives an FH13 for Smiths Heavy Haulage.

Ex rockwool erf YFB 717V converted to wrecker at davis street cardiff .
Now all housing behind the fire station.
Dai

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

scania81:
Ex rockwool erf YFB 717V converted to wrecker at davis street cardiff .
Now all housing behind the fire station.
Dai

Another 1

Hi all, Scania81, when you say Davies street are we talking opposite the jail? The road leading to Davies Street took you over the bridge that the main London to Cardiff railway ran into and out of the General/Central station? First left after the bridge Sanquahar St, then the roundabout to the docks East Tyndall St, passing Euro Commercials. If so Davies St was a short cut (walking) into the city centre from Splott/Adamsdown. Never took any notice of the name, but new BRS were based there.

Paul

Hi all,I used to help out when I was a youngster then started when I left school I drove the trucks on local removals w Jones removals port talbot,also Andrew Scott van in station rd port talbot

image.jpeg

Well done on 700 pages Andrew…keep em rolling, SBF10