South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

A Catnic SK Merc.

Hi all,
A Seddon from Vale Transport,then based in Aberkenfig.

A welsh registered BRS Seddon.

pete 359:
A Catnic SK Merc.

Bit about Catnic. :wink:

Click on page twice to read.

Hi all,
A pair of Mercs here,firstly a 1748 owned by W.F.Hall and a 2551 Actros owned by a customer of ours.

4B32EB3C-DD31-4879-81F6-CBA49D375332.jpeg

Kempston:

this photo was taken in longhope, the home of the Read dynasty. supplied by reads to (we think) bulwark transport

I think? This was Pembrokeshire based Steve Roberts’ Transcon.

pete 359:
Hi all,

Morning Andrew/ Richard like all the Raymond brothers started out from their parents farm Ty-Gwyn farm Court Colman still there but now totally derelict I think their father was Frank Raymond and the only one to remain farming was William sold up years ago went west I believe JR used to keep unsprayed borderers there in the barn when he was in Coychurch Rd. Just a bit of Info for you cheers Ian .

Story I heard from some old JRT hands were that new units were stored up at the farm but painted fit for the road.

Talking of old JRT yarns one told to me by Big ■■■■ Hopkins was that he and two other drivers were to meet Mr Raymond SNR to discuss a pay rise for all drivers. Upstairs they went into his office, sat there sipping tea etc, around one huge desk. When they left an hour or so later, all three felt sorry him and his problems making those 100 or so Atkinsons make a pound or two.

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Morning Andrew/ Richard like all the Raymond brothers started out from their parents farm Ty-Gwyn farm Court Colman still there but now totally derelict I think their father was Frank Raymond and the only one to remain farming was William sold up years ago went west I believe JR used to keep unsprayed borderers there in the barn when he was in Coychurch Rd. Just a bit of Info for you cheers Ian .

Hi Ianto,
I can vaguely remember that farm.you are right,I bet JR kept hundreds of lorries there over the years.

A56D7882-3107-44F4-B732-A6203B1B5FEA.jpeg

Ianto full pelt:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Hi Ianto, not wrong, the farm was near Court Coleman, I remember taking drivers up there to collect ‘new’ trucks, some may have been parked there for nigh on a year or more, JR would buy in bulk for the discount he would get for purchasing a large amount in one go I suppose. All would be white, black chassis, no fifth wheel, spare wheel bolted where the fifth wheel should be, I remember there being 401’s, and 301’s in the barn, normally six or seven of each, drivers would bring them down for us to PDi before Pat putting his magic touch with the red and white, and then hand painting the JR stripe and logo on the cab. Then muggins here would put them back straight with wipers, plates, mirrors, rear mudguards & lights etc… ready for the off. Simon

Hi all,
An old Penllyne Haulage shot here,I’d forgotten they ran a Scania 113.

Hi all,
Courtesy of Chris Richards a Mansel Davies F88 seen at Aust services…

Hi Andrew,lorries near Newport 1996 on you tube chisee driving past on the coldra

smallcoal:
Hi Andrew,lorries near Newport 1996 on you tube chisee driving past on the coldra

Hi Smallcoal,
On my video you see Wayne Jones driving K222 on Ross roundabout and a good few others.
Regards Andrew.

8C1CA5CA-EA91-45D8-9F17-FDA43B1B9698.jpg

Just tipped in March,Cambridgeshire with D405 FHW.[July 89]
I was holiday relief at the time and the regular driver was Gareth Lawrence.
Dai

Dai , nice photo of a tidy Scania, was that Brs Bridgend or John Raymond ?