South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Hi all,
To me,this shot could well have been taken at Sarn services? Dai (SCANIA 81) will be able to tell us where this one was based…

Johnstown,Carmarthen depot.
Dai

scania81:

pete 359:
Hi all,
To me,this shot could well have been taken at Sarn services? Dai (SCANIA 81) will be able to tell us where this one was based…

Johnstown,Carmarthen depot.
Dai

Hello Dai,
Thanks for that information.A mate of mine did his fitting apprenticeship at BRS Carmarthen.
Regards Andrew.

Here’s a Welsh registered LAD cab BRS Beaver.

Hi all,
another here for Dai.Maybe Bridgend depot?

81a.jpg

pete 359:
Hi all,

This 1 was brand new to my late dad and Nutty ,then later on Don Tuck was the day driver.
There were quite a few 81,s spread out around the western region with the LAA prefix.
On nights quite often he done the london lorry park changeovers to service the trampers before M25 days.
Never remember it breaking down even after 6 Wrexhams on nights a week.
976T,977T,984T,985T also arrived that year.
Dai

Very tidy. Chris

Scan0001.jpg

scania81:

pete 359:
Hi all,

This 1 was brand new to my late dad and Nutty ,then later on Don Tuck was the day driver.
There were quite a few 81,s spread out around the western region with the LAA prefix.
On nights quite often he done the london lorry park changeovers to service the trampers before M25 days.
Dai

Hello Dai I had one of those LAA reg on tramp I think Trevor Owen had one as well .

Ianto full pelt:

scania81:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Dai

Hello Dai I had one of those LAA reg on tramp I think Trevor Owen had one as well .

LAA 976T was driven on nights by Dai Harries before he retired and was then driven by Terry Green, John Wheeler and then the Neck.
Remember Trevor driving 1.LAA 985T was outbased in Burton and 1 in Shrewsbury with Gerry Griffiths and Ray Cowley.
I am sure 977T was driven by Ron Evans and then Electric lips who drove for Morris brothers and went on for calor.
LAA 978T was based in Carmarthen by Jim? who drove low loaders into his late 70,s.
Dai

Scania 81 I bet not many know the necks proper name

rward:

I would not know Ralph,s surname to be honest?
The last time i saw him he was driving a Catnic Scania passing the Goldstone ground[Brighton,s old football home] in Hove.
Dai

Hi all,
Courtesy of Chris Richards,a JR VOLVO F10 climbing over Caerphilly mountain,I thought this a very poignant photo,a beautiful VOLVO in Caerphilly.Certain members will understand why I say that today!,

scania81:

rward:

The last time i saw him he was driving a Catnic Scania passing the Goldstone ground[Brighton,s old football home] in Hove.
Dai

his name was ralph Worthing he was a fearless driver, geoff

Yes mr cooper that’s a of a drag over Caerphilly mountain 300 yards from my house jr f10 looks nice some beautiful volvos in the air today also transcons just dreaming regards rowly

rward:
Yes mr cooper that’s a of a drag over Caerphilly mountain 300 yards from my house jr f10 looks nice some beautiful volvos in the air today also transcons just dreaming regards rowly

Hi Rowly,
Talking of transcon’s…

pete 359:

Hello dai the fellow standing by gk 207 in bridgend depot was tommy city don’t know is proper surname, massive Cardiff city fan used to have a family member or friend in the brickworks in Bedford so he used to back load bricks back to South Wales a lot, keep up the good work on here dai don’t know how you remember so much detail on brs, all the best to you all on here alan

Hi all,
A nasty incident at Erwood near Builth Wells last week…

7053EE45-AE0F-486F-9F6A-F05D61AB3CBD.jpg

FEF2D04B-905E-462C-812D-7A31D10A127C.jpg

C35D8F32-AC3F-4C22-85E1-7526764A8F0D.jpeg

v

Geoff54:

scania81:

rward:

Dai

his name was ralph Worthing he was a fearless driver, geoff

Hi Geoff didn,t the neck once work for John Gregory up the Rhondda chocolate brown transcons ?

A few of Paul’s.

A03391p.JPG

A03398p.JPG

A03412p.JPG

A03416p.JPG