South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

rward:
Hi Paul they are finishing it of today so I’m picking up tonight then bits and pieces to complete it not sure wat will pull it I haven’t end started Transcon yet but I’m pleased with outcome of tilt and while I’m on here a big thanks to gardener 240 for selling it to me all the best Paul regards rowly

Top job there Rowly, it will look the dogs b-lox behind any of your motor’s, Cheer’s Pete

E142:

smallcoal:

E142:
scania81, M
Hi e142 did you work for raymonds I did in 94 I had e143 cheers John

Hi John
I worked at JRT from March 1984 to March 1998;
I had one of the first three Volvo F10S bought by JRT did not go down to well, new driver new Volvo !! B589CEP Bernard Lewis, JRTs second longest serving driver after Terry Hughes
B590CEP was mine, returned to Griffin Mill Volvo after 18 months and went on for a second life with SK LTD Barry
B691CEP Steve Everitt.

Then after 18 months I had E142, Bernard Lewis E141. I cannot remember who had E143, it was some buy back deal that GM Volvo had with JRT.
regards

I had e143 the Wendy house when I started in 94 I used to run from the abbey I got a pic of the Raymond drivers I was there when tam,Gareth Jones wyn price Nick Pavarotti I remember terry and the boys mentioned

image.jpeg

hi all,
a few of the south wales lads,delivering cabins to the isle of skye……

Hi Andrew, found this 02 plate for sale, one of your fellow countrymen :unamused: ,

Ah way bonny lad :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:
Ah way bonny lad :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now then detective Biscomb, it is In Newcastle… :wink: :smiley:

pete 359:

Was talking about this firm last week,they had a regular driver on Alcoa Swansea [extrusion bay]late 80,s.
Sure it was a Daf 2100 rigid sleeper flatbed in cream or white.

Eddie Heaton:
As there are 633 pages on this thread and as I haven’t bothered to trawl through them all, it’s quite possible that Grounds may have been mentioned on here previously. If not, then here’s a photo of one of their motors. Taken on Barry dock in about 1970, loading bananas off one of the Geest boats. One of Geest’s insulated containers can be seen up at the headboard. These came in 8ft. and 10ft sizes, although it isn’t possible to distinguish the size of the box in this shot. There were no facilities for weighing that we were made aware of, so we never knew what weight we were grossing off at, but with a 150 Gardner, they seemed bloody heavy, particularly coming up Monmouth bank with a headwind. Also, I recall there used to be a low railway bridge about a mile or so outside the dock on the way back to Cardiff. We could just about scrape under it when loaded, but had to take the scenic route when empty, round by, was it Sully?

Hi Eddie, Is this the same Grounds that had a depot in Spalding Lincs, Regards Larry.

Hi all. Andrew nice Scania, shame about the Allegro. Probably sold by Telford Trucks. Who did it belong to?
Rowly, thanks for the info on the tilt, the Red Dragon is superb.

Regards Paul

Hi all,
Courtesy of super snapper Gyles carpenter.myself and steelboyF10 on the 2002 north of England road run. Happy days

IMG_5037.PNG.jpg

pete 359:
Hi all,
Courtesy of super snapper Gyles carpenter.myself and steelboyF10 on the 2002 north of England road run. Happy days

Everybody to their own but them old 240,s and 290,s volvo were my all time favourite,s

hi all,
a few of john raymond’s from many years ago,courtesy of mark griffiths……

That last shot of the tri axle with the anti spray suppression brings back memories and our first shot at fitting anti spray a similar set up to Raymonds but we decided the best system was mudguards with flaps. I always thought those side skirts looked a right codge up !! Cheers Dennis

Hi all,
Long serving illtyd thomas driver Arthur Mallory seen here having a night out in Middlesbrough…