South Mimms truck stop

A big thank you to the Irish driver who helped me park up in a crowded truck stop last night much appreciated

Mark

Why didn’t you just thank him there and then in person?, i doubt he comes on trucknet, so he won’t see your appreciation on here.

He told me he was on this site and i did thank but didnt get his name

mac2505:
A big thank you to the Irish driver who helped me park up in a crowded truck stop last night much appreciated

Mark

Yes it can get rather crowded later on. I try for the middle if I can but I would normally be there by 4.00 ish.

Really ■■■■■■ me off that there is ample room for long and abnormal loads there yet it’s always full of puddle jumpers and lazy ■■■■■ that probably daren’t/can’t park their motor in the lorry park.

OllieNotts:
Really ■■■■■■ me off that there is ample room for long and abnormal loads there yet it’s always full of puddle jumpers and lazy [zb] that probably daren’t/can’t park their motor in the lorry park.

Agree!!!
I carry wide loads into London and we have to wait at South Mimms untill 10am till we can go in. Very difficult to get parked in the abnormal load laybye because of wagons parked in there…lazy parking or just cant handle the reversing maneuver needed in the lorry park?

msgyorkie:

OllieNotts:
Really ■■■■■■ me off that there is ample room for long and abnormal loads there yet it’s always full of puddle jumpers and lazy [zb] that probably daren’t/can’t park their motor in the lorry park.

Agree!!!
I carry wide loads into London and we have to wait at South Mimms untill 10am till we can go in. Very difficult to get parked in the abnormal load laybye because of wagons parked in there…lazy parking or just cant handle the reversing maneuver needed in the lorry park?

I used to get in there with ab loads. if I couldn’t get in, I would either park alongside if they were in the one on the way In and block them in until morning or I would phone the police and get them moved.

Anyway…his name was Paddy :laughing:

LeedsChris:
Why didn’t you just thank him there and then in person?, i doubt he comes on trucknet, so he won’t see your appreciation on here.

Are you sure Chris Lol No problem mark your welcome. It is tight there and mark and I spent a good half hour helping a foreign driver get parked plus another lorry. We where like parking attendants.

peter s:

LeedsChris:

Are you sure Chris Lol No problem mark your welcome. It is tight there and mark and I spent a good half hour helping a foreign driver get parked plus another lorry. We where like parking attendants.

Ha ha i got that one wrong.I was just being presumptious, as any driver i mention trucknet to, i am greeted with a blank look.

Until recently, i was doing trailer swaps in the middle of the night at South Mimms and it was a bugger to find a suitable spot.

It does seem that not all the camaraderie has gone from the job. Pulled in to the new services on the A27 near Havant tonight and no spaces. Two of us nearly out of time and a quick look there are two day cabs having a brew. Ask if they can move and straight away no problem. Cheers lads!

I’ve been informed we can open the gate on the roundabout at South mimms and park in there only if you have an abnormal load. Don’t go in with a 45 footer or you’ll get a ticket maybe even knock you up and move you, handy to know in future.

mac2505:

Mark

You thought he was and Irish driver, you’ll wake up to an empty derv tank, he was parking you out of sight of the cameras lol

Hate south mims, nightmare to get in the gaps in the dark between 2.