South Mimms , fuel

Had to fuel up there yesterday :imp:
Firstly had to wait a good ten minuites on the island as all the pumps were busy :neutral_face:
Well I say busy , you can t actually see wether all the pumps are being used and the indicator lights to say if the bays are occupied don’t work :unamused: :imp:
Mind you the time I was waiting I suspect half the drivers were on a 30 minuites break :unamused:

Anyway to sum up I won’t be rushing back , oh yea and I nearly side swiped a van due to my frustration at having to wait on the island .

All observation and use of indicator ceased as I turned into the bay narrowly missing a van passing on my near side :blush:

Oh and I had to sign as well as enter pin no . :grimacing:

To sum up my feelings -

It’s a poorly designed dump. The surface is nearly bloody lethal with spilled diesel.

Half the pumps are out of order but you only find out when you pull into what you think is a space that you have been queuing for 10 mins for, which means going around again.

To cap it off there is/used to be a wicked pothole on the exit which guaranteed a wheel spinning load shifting launch as a car appears from that virtually unmarked giveway junction at high speed.

It’s only redeeming quality was the older lady on the counter who was genuinely friendly and chatty.

I hate going there its always a pain in the ■■■. I use Shell Chiswell Green or Shell on the A414, although that is closed until 18/07.

I made the mistake of stopping there for a 45 on Saturday. What a dump!

I know, right ball ache to get on.

Our own worst enemy though, I bet half of them were minging about in the shop rather than cracking on with it!

Don’t you just love it when the lorry’s locked up on the pump and the driver’s doing his weekly shop? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

kjw21:
The surface is nearly bloody lethal with spilled diesel.

Maybe i’m just a super talented at fuelling up, but I don’t think I have ever managed to spill diesel when filling up, apart from the old trickle down the side of the tank.

Lift up nozzle carefully to prevent any drips, put in tank, wait for it to ‘click off’ then lift the nozzle out turning it upside down to catch any drips, then return to holder. Is that rocket science? Always amazes me how much diesel pro drivers manage to splash all over the deck :unamused:

Also, death to the selfish ■■■■■ who string it out to grab a 15 on the pumps. :imp: HGV pumps should be pay at the pump only.