"Sorry boss! I`ll not make it tonight"

Can you guess where I ended up bedding down for the night?

scotland highlands :smiley:

What… with that sun first thing in the morning? :sunglasses:
Sorry but it`s a little bit more south :smiling_imp:

must be devon then lol :laughing:

They aren`t coneheads with those shovels :laughing:

It’s not the B31 cutting through from Freiburg to the A81 is it?

Is that Freiburg in Switzerland?If you did then your closer than the last one but i was more south-west and really didn`t expect the snow to fall that quick it just came from know where, i was still in my shorts when i got stuck. They shut the exit for the motorway i needed so this was my alternative route. :smiling_imp:

N83 between Poligny and Besançon :question:

No last clue I`d crossed the boarder at Irun and was trying to get to Pamplona :smiling_imp:

oscarboska:
Is that Freiburg in Switzerland?

No, Germany so I was miles out.

I really didn`t think you meant Germany there are no hills like that in that part of Germany are there■■? (You was meaning Hamburg end■■?)
Anyway you was closer than Devon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

oscarboska:
I really didn`t think you meant Germany there are no hills like that in that part of Germany are there■■? (You was meaning Hamburg end■■?)

No, not the north. Freiburg is on the edge of the Black Forest and the B31 cuts through to the A81 over a decent hill which you climb using a series of hair-pins. I’ve been over more than once in the same weather as in your photo. the road in your picture and the part of the retaining wall you can see looks very like the climb on the B31.

heading up the blanc me thinks

is it on the n121 somewhere near sunbilla?

:laughing: :laughing:
Close very close but no prize the road your thinking of is very tricky road for a wagon. Possible, but very hard work to drive :smiling_imp:

nearly always use the n121(a) from irun to pamplona thru’ bidasoa, sunbilla etc. It certainly keeps you alert, especially when it snows. Quite often overnight at sunbilla

I started to travel down the A15 heading away from San Sebastian but was diverted onto the E05 decided to cut through on the N130 looked ok on the map and would have been if the snow hadnt started. I was nearly over then the trailer started to skid towards the edge and lost all traction so left it their till morning. I could see up in the mountains the snow ploughs clearing the A15 but it wasnt till moring till they got to us. There must have been around 10 of us all with the same idea. :smiling_imp: