Sorry, another tacho question

Which mode would you put tacho on while on a ferry?

rest ? ( i know about the bunk/couchette rule)
other work?
off road mode??

There are 2 ferry routes i may end up using

1 is approx 2 hr sailing
1 is approx 8hr sailing.

Not on that route yet just trying to get clued up…

Thomas77:
Which mode would you put tacho on while on a ferry?

rest ? ( i know about the bunk/couchette rule)
other work?
off road mode??

There are 2 ferry routes i may end up using

1 is approx 2 hr sailing
1 is approx 8hr sailing.

Not on that route yet just trying to get clued up…

I’d say other work (unless you’re gonna take a daily rest while on the ferry, taking advantage of the 1 hour where you can get on and off the thing). If it’s 2 hours go other work and get paid because you can’t fit a split daily rest in. For the 8 look for somewhere to park up for an hour afterwards (I.E - just down the road) so you can have a reduced daily rest (can you do this with the 1 hour leeway for boarding? Or do you need an 11 daily rest?).

Just my thoughts.

If not working then it goes on break or rest - bed symbol - and depending on circumstances it will be either of those

I suppose if you know how long the time on ferry will be then you could use poa but most would record break/rest

it’ll be bed for either for me … resets your 4.5 driving what ever way you look at it

Cheers
I was just wondering what the general thought on this was, appreciate the input :slight_smile:

Definitely would be on rest.

nick2008:
it’ll be bed for either for me … resets your 4.5 driving what ever way you look at it

Forgot about that.

I agree with what’s been said, use break/rest unless you have a reason not to want to reset your driving time.