Sorry... Another drivers hours question

Shift pattern is 4 on 2 off.
On current run of shifts I’ve had the following daily rests:

Sat 14:00 - 23:00 (9 hour break)
Sun 13:25 - 23:00 (9¾ hour break)
Mon 13:00 - 23:00 (10 hour break)

I’ve got opportunity of an extra shift tonight, currently set to finish at 14:00 and would like to start at 23:00 (another 9 hour break)
I’ve previously asked on this forum about whether my regular shift pattern is ok, and been told that as long as I don’t take any more than 3 reduced breaks between weekly rest periods then I am fine. Not incurred any infringments, so this would appear to be correct.
My question is, does the reduced daily rest numbers reset on a Sunday at midnight same as weekly/fortnightly driving hours or will I have to take a full 11 hour break and possibly start at 1am instead of 11pm? There are no issues on working or driving time as I’ve been doubled manned all week and lots of downtime.
Hope this makes sense!

chris2105gb:
Shift pattern is 4 on 2 off.
On current run of shifts I’ve had the following daily rests:

Sat 14:00 - 23:00 (9 hour break)
Sun 13:25 - 23:00 (9¾ hour break)
Mon 13:00 - 23:00 (10 hour break)

I’ve got opportunity of an extra shift tonight, currently set to finish at 14:00 and would like to start at 23:00 (another 9 hour break)
I’ve previously asked on this forum about whether my regular shift pattern is ok, and been told that as long as I don’t take any more than 3 reduced breaks between weekly rest periods then I am fine. Not incurred any infringments, so this would appear to be correct.
My question is, does the reduced daily rest numbers reset on a Sunday at midnight same as weekly/fortnightly driving hours or will I have to take a full 11 hour break and possibly start at 1am instead of 11pm? There are no issues on working or driving time as I’ve been doubled manned all week and lots of downtime.
Hope this makes sense!

You can have three reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, as you’ve already had three reduced daily rest periods you cannot have another one until you’ve had a weekly rest period of 24 hours ore more.

Reduced daily rest periods are counted between weekly rest periods and do not reset at 00:00 Monday like weekly driving time ec’t.

The short answer to your question is that you will need a regular daily rest period of 11 hours after todays shift.

If you have “lots of downtime” do you have 3hrs solid rest during your shift?
If so those short rests will count as a full rest. ( 3+ 9)
Sitting in the passenger seat while your mate drives won`t count towards that, though. Only the first 45min counts as break.
Midnight Sunday resets the two 10hr drive per week rule only.

Those are pretty awful times. Do you need the money ?
If not, have a life.

OwenMoney:
Those are pretty awful times. Do you need the money ?
If not, have a life.

To be fair, I’ve only been in job for 6 months having come from an entirely different background. And I absolutely love it. Yes, the money is good and is what I needed to be earning to get out of my previous profession, but I’m going to work with a massive grin on my face, instead of wondering what crap I’ve got to deal with when I get there.

I’m doing Class 2 work and company has offered to put me through Class 1 but I’m happy with my work/life balance as it is. Class 1 would probably involve more hours. I’ll earn approx £50k what I’m doing now with upto another £10k doing extra shifts.
This time last year I never thought I’d be able to get out of the job I was doing and maintain my earnings. Happy days.

Franglais:
If you have “lots of downtime” do you have 3hrs solid rest during your shift?
If so those short rests will count as a full rest. ( 3+ 9)
Sitting in the passenger seat while your mate drives won`t count towards that, though. Only the first 45min counts as break.
Midnight Sunday resets the two 10hr drive per week rule only.

That’s quite interesting. There are occasions where I will have more than 3 hours rest, so I might look into the possibilities in the future. Cheers for the reply.

chris2105gb:
My question is, does the reduced daily rest numbers reset on a Sunday at midnight same as weekly/fortnightly driving hours or will I have to take a full 11 hour break and possibly start at 1am instead of 11pm?

The daily rest needs to be taken within 24 hours since you last started a shift.

It is true that starting later technically gives you a longer break, but it doesn’t assist you in terms of the legislation. If you do a 15 hour day, then your rest is 9 hours.

As I understand, you had used 3 reduced rests, so you needed to be finished by midday on the 31st, based on an 11pm start.