Sooo my third week as a pro driver

So im into my third week as a driver. I have started on a 7.5ton and after a week the gaffer told me iv been doing really good, on Monday they told me they wanna try me in a 18ton so they showed me which one and it’s a brand new scania with 1000 miles on the clock, so far it’s not been bad its lovely to drive and spacious inside.

Im hoping I can keep up the good work and that they trust me, I think they must trust me anyway to put me behind this new truck.

Good on you :slight_smile:

Sounds like things are going well. Congrats. when did you pass your test ? How did you find trying to find driving work ? Or we’re you already working for them befor you tok your test ? I’m about to start looking for work after passing my test in June.

Huzzah a postive story on Trucknet. Well done and good luck

Well done good job.

Jrt, I passed in march and it took me like 4 months to get a driving job, it wasn’t that there are no jobs going it’s just my age and experience as I’m only 20.
I applied for jobs every day and nearly all rang me back but soon as they realised my age they wasn’t interested lol.
Thing is, without the opportunity to gain experience how can you ever have experience
The driving part of the job I love but it’s the delivering localy I don’t like, but the company say its better to start doing locals and then they will move me up to long distance

Nice one, pleased it’s going well for you.

New truck and decent bosses…what you doing posting on here?
This place is only for whingeing and slagging the boss off. :laughing:

Seriously, good luck.

Well done! Remember to pay attention to vehicle restrictions and don’t follow the day nav blindly. Not too bad in a 7.5t but in an 18t you may find you have to divert around a route you would of used previously in the 7.5t.

Good luck!

Well Done Lad :sunglasses: