Soon on discovery turbo channel american trucker

was home early today had the tv when a advert came on with a program called american trucker.says it coming soon but no date to when looks like a guy who looks and takes and rides around in the big american rigs that have been customized big time and are still working trucks aswell.anyone else seen the advert yet

Will have to keep an eye out for that program.Not a big fan of American motors,but would be interesting to see them operated on highway work instead of ice roads etc.

link i found about the program not much info but looks like it will be a good programto look out for.sadly no date of when it will air.

tellychakkar.com/news/discov … nuary-2012

I have seen it, plenty of trucks to look at, the ones from Smokey and the Bandit, BJ and the Bear, Movin’ on etc.

It is over hyped TV crap, of course, which bears no relation to how the job actually works, but it’s not as bad as IRT in that respect.

Well said Mark… very true,t will be all set up as are most reallity shows, real American truck drivers dont have time to sit around refilming scenes etc and make very little money so taking time to do a bit of unreal acting. It’s just like ‘Ice road truckers’ which is so set up and staged it’s laughable :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought the episode about White Freightliner was’nt too bad, liked seeing the old truck slowly grinding up the mountain with lots of dark exhaust smoke rolling out of the stack :slight_smile: gotta have smoke :laughing:
The more i see of the new trucks the more i like the old ones from the fifties :sunglasses:

I guess this is the Yank equivalent of the curry house curtain bling mentality over here :confused:

That kind of thing is a regular sight on the roads, the visor is a bit extreme, but not uncommon :open_mouth:

However, I think that particular truck is a ‘trailer queen’ there are no secondary mirrors, no IFTA stickers and no DOT decals, each one would get you a big fine at the first scale you come too, but over here you never know :open_mouth: My firm have just built a show truck, the bosses did consider having no DOT decals on it as they spoil the clean lines, when I asked them about it, they just said ‘■■■■ it, we’ll pay the fines’ :laughing:

Have a look here for the trailer :smiley: for one of the episodes.

discovery.dk/programmer/american-truckers

newmercman:
I have seen it, plenty of trucks to look at, the ones from Smokey and the Bandit, BJ and the Bear, Movin’ on etc.

It is over hyped TV crap, of course, which bears no relation to how the job actually works, but it’s not as bad as IRT in that respect.

Do I remember that as a kid in the 70s on tv■■?

Every one remembers BJ and the Bear. Surely? … It was the best program ever made. I even know the song from the titles. I even think it might be part of the reason why I emigrated over here in the first place. Lol.

It starts on Monday 6th August at 8pm on Discovery Turbo.

youtube.com/watch?v=lYQ9klPp-9E

i been watching it on catch up the one all about ups is interesting
but the best one for me was when he went for test the amount of classroom stuff and checks they do is unreal