Somthing my 5 year old asked me and we wonted to ask you to!

Hi all my 5 year old son (who is as mad about lorries as me lol) asked me something i thought was very interesting today and we thought we would ask you all to?
we were looking at pics of old lorries today on line and he looked at me and ask
DAD WHAT OLD LORRY WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE AT WORK NOW IF IT WAS MADE ALL NEW INSIDE
(what he meant after he explained it to me properly was IF YOU COULD PICK AND OLD LORRY TO DRIVE AT WORK BUT MODERNISE IT INSIDE I.E TAKE AN OLD VOLVO F10 GLOBTROTTER AND GIVE IT A VOLVO FH/FM INTEREAR WHAT WOULD YOU CHOUSE)

so what would you pic as the old lorry and what would the inside of the cab be and why?
thanks all
Darren and my son Adam

i said myself a ford transcontinental with a new style Renault premium interior but the ford cab would have to be made a little longer and a bit taller for my liking
Why the ford he asked it would brake down all the time its a ford after spending the next ten min’s or so trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard :laughing: i said that the ford is a very nice looking lorry and or thou i haven’t ever driven one i have been told they are a very good drive and don’t brake down as often as you might think
and the other would be a DAF 2800 or 3300 with a DAF cf interior just because its DAF :smiley:

I had a Ford Transcon on the middle east run in '76 and they became a firm favourite with some owner drivers because of their reliability.

He sounds a bright lad and I bet he knows the Ford had bad brakes too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I would still want a DAF 3600 Spacecab without air leaks and an adjustable steering wheel. Maybe with a 420/500 engine.

Otherwise a Transcon with a V8

Wheel Nut:
He sounds a bright lad and I bet he knows the Ford had bad brakes too :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I would still want a DAF 3600 Spacecab without air leaks and an adjustable steering wheel. Maybe with a 420/500 engine.

Otherwise a Transcon with a V8

I,ll second that.
regards dave.

F88-290 with the I-shift 660 in it, with the volvo 3 series K-reg-ish interior, suppose then, that would be an F88-660 :laughing:

scania 141 and 142 intrerior ,14 l V8 450 mecanical (a bit fixed ) whit fullair suspension and 6x4 ,and two stacks (no stereo) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers benkku

Foden s39 and dont change a thing

Hiya …yes a 3600 space cab would be nice …could i have a smaller steering wheel that tilted back please.
John

for me it would totally have to be a scania 141 but with the top of the range R730 cab interior

Something with no computer or electrics so you could fix it with spanners and not a laptop and a spotty twenty year old,so would be happy enough with a DAF volvo or a scania from the late 80’s early 90’s but cant make up my mind as to which one.Chosen one F37 CKM a Volvo F16 normal cab,would like to be reunited with that, but they where all good just in different ways.

3300John:
Hiya …yes a 3600 space cab would be nice …could i have a smaller steering wheel that tilted back please.
John

Ditto

It just shows that DAF had not got so much wrong in 1986/7. The biggest fault that three of us have mentioned is the steering wheel, easily solved. To me the 95 went backwards