sometimes

I pulled out of freightliner Leeds about four thirty friday afternoon heading south on the M1. It was foggy ,dark and raining not very good at all. The traffic wasn’t to bad for a change until I got past Wakefield then it all slowed up. After a few minutes I found out why there had been a three car shunt in the outside lane, all minor damage. But the that got me is they were all stood around with pens a bits of paper chatting and exchanging info, no attempt to get on to the hardshoulder. Sometimes i wonder how people that stupid live long enough to get a driving licence.

knight:
I pulled out of freightliner Leeds about four thirty friday afternoon heading south on the M1. It was foggy ,dark and raining not very good at all. The traffic wasn’t to bad for a change until I got past Wakefield then it all slowed up. After a few minutes I found out why there had been a three car shunt in the outside lane, all minor damage. But the that got me is they were all stood around with pens a bits of paper chatting and exchanging info, no attempt to get on to the hardshoulder. Sometimes i wonder how people that stupid live long enough to get a driving licence.

Unfortunately Health & Safety ■■■■■■■■ allow these sort of people to survive far longer than they should. They can now no longer kill themselves early in life thanks often to H&S rules. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

Darwin had it right you know. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

that winds me up too mate, i reckon in at least half the shunts that occur on the motorway could move straight to the hardshoulder where the can do the detail swap. unless someone is hurt or a vehicle is immobile, there is no exscuse to block the motorway argueing the toss and swapping details. grrrrrrr :imp: :imp:

I had one car stop in front of me in a 2 lane carriageway to use his mobile phone.

The conversation went along the lines of

Me: hello, have you broken down?

MOP: No my car works fine, but i have stopped because my phone rang ( his phone still had a caller on the line) and i am not allowed to drive using my mobile am i?

Me: yeah your right about that but, its stupid for you to stop in a 2 lane carriageway to use a mobile phone.

MOP: well you made the law to stop people using the mobile phones as they drive

Me: i didn’t make any law but it is down to common sense to find a “safe” place to pull over and then use your phone. Would you stop in lane 3 of the M25 to use your phone?

MOP: NO don’t be so stupid, i would get hurt doing that.

Me: whats the difference now then??

MOP:OK i get the point and i will move after i have finished my phone call.

Me: ( Rolls my eyes ) NO, your moving now please to the lay by that is just down the road.

WHY O WHY do people do stupid things!

Half of them don’t want to move their cars until the police arrive to “validate” their insurance claim, they don’t realize the police aren’t interested unless there are injuries or there is a danger to other road users :imp:
The people who do this should get charged under the clean air act for all the pollution through the congestion they cause, that would soon stop people causing unnecessary delays! :bulb: :smiling_imp:

knight:

Did you stop to allow them to drive across to the shoulder?

You could help them by pulling up and shouting “move your ■■■■■■ cars whilst I block this lane you muppets!”