Somethings gotta be done about catthorpe!

Trying to join the A14 from the M6 is a joke these days, Whose idea was it to make it one lane eastbound under the M1? its like sand through an egg timer! no one gives anybody any room and evry one has a legitimate need to be in front at all costs.
On the approach this morning a 4 wheeler nearly ran into the back of another because he did not adjust his speed accordingly and had to swerve onto the hardshoulder!! The warning signs were lit but ignored, as usual.
has anyone got any suggestions for the planners?

roy…

this junction will be worked on next year [07] i heard on the radio the other week
think what they are going to do is widen it to 3 lanes
with a dedicated on to the m1 n
i think what they arte doing is getting the q off the m6 as there has been some serious accidents this year
i use this junction a lot and cant see what they can do to it to make it much better without serious distrubtion to the m1 as the bridge is so narrow and seeing as we live in the north there wont be any money left after making sure mr rep can get from his nice house round luton down the much widenend and multi lane m1 and into the smoke to get a mucka luka double choc skinny latte with all the other pencil neck man united fans at the new national stadium
the only thought that stops me being bitter is the 3hr wait to gett out of the car park

ooops sorry

can someone help me down from this soapbox :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The scheme hasn’t been through the Public Inquiry stage yet. So I won’t hold your breath on work starting next year.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/11934.aspx

They don’t propose to start work until early 2009 with it open to traffic in 2012, and that is all dependent on the Public Enquiry in Spring 2007 and the Secretary of State’s decision expected in Summer 2007.

Build all the lanes you want there and mark them up as well,drivers will still ignore them and still cut in at the last minute and i don’t mean car drivers only as some "professional"drivers do it as well.