Someone is having a bad day!

Seen this on one of my deliveries today.

How did it happen?

To much weight?

Or didn’t put the legs down?

Well the legs are paritally down so I would say they didn’t drop the legs far enough then didn’t lower the air before pulling out. That with a decent amount of weight ahead of the legs would do a fair job of wrecking your day.

Pass the scaffolding pole, we’ll soon sort it.

Yeah I thought possible shunting accident possibly put it down to quick as they do and caved in

I see by the photo that your company has found a new source of drivers who will be happy to work for nought. Bet they have trouble reaching the pedals though or do you have one working the brake, one working the accelerator and the one in the photo steering?

I reckon that was fully loaded when it was dropped, and someone had shunted it across the yard with a normal unit and only wound the legs up a handful of turns just to be sure (as you do!), then pulled the pin forgetting that he needed to wind them down again, hence heavy load of steel dropped a foot or so onto the legs causing them to buckle under the extra force.

Any other cases you need solving? :smiley:

My leg looked like that after playing football once! No pictures of that though!

Anyway…

Is it possible to do that by driving off without winding the legs up?

Captain Caveman 76:
My leg looked like that after playing football once! No pictures of that though!

Anyway…

Is it possible to do that by driving off without winding the legs up?

Depends on what you have loaded. If you have a full load of Kingspan, probably not. If you have a full load of steel, without a doubt. They are only rated for about 28t moving. Those legs will happily hold up 50 static tonnes but a load in motion and they don’t have a prayer.

Conor:
I see by the photo that your company has found a new source of drivers who will be happy to work for nought. Bet they have trouble reaching the pedals though or do you have one working the brake, one working the accelerator and the one in the photo steering?

Ha [emoji38]like it!

Conor:

Ha [emoji38]like it!

Who forgot the legs in the uncoupling exercise… :open_mouth:

Rentadent:
I reckon that was fully loaded when it was dropped, and someone had shunted it across the yard with a normal unit and only wound the legs up a handful of turns just to be sure (as you do!), then pulled the pin forgetting that he needed to wind them down again, hence heavy load of steel dropped a foot or so onto the legs causing them to buckle under the extra force.

Any other cases you need solving? :smiley:

+1

That’s what I’d go for.

Its about time these agency were confined to stamp licking.

eagerbeaver:
Its about time these agency were confined to stamp licking.

Could be a full timers mistake… its not un heard of…Not all agency drivers are bad