Someone drove on my tacho card

Last week my truck was off road so I was using transit as it has tacho fitted for when towing trailer I put my card in as normal

While I was doing some other work someone jumped in van and drove for a couple of hours

This person is not a driver but is supposed to use out of scope mode I believe

I informed boss but he couldn’t give a monkeys

I told him of possible repercussions of fines etc

What are the consequences if I get pulled up ?

Lesson to be learned here.

Manual entry and explain what happened - that should cover you

If your cards in, keep hold of the keys, simple, unless handed in for tipping/loading etc etc, unlikely in a transit though

dundun:
Last week my truck was off road so I was using transit as it has tacho fitted for when towing trailer I put my card in as normal

While I was doing some other work someone jumped in van and drove for a couple of hours

This person is not a driver but is supposed to use out of scope mode I believe

I told him of possible repercussions of fines etc

What are the consequences if I get pulled up ?

Did it put your driving time over the legal limit ?

If your card is in the tachograph either lock the vehicle or take the card out.

If your driving time was exceeded or if there are any other legal requirements that were infringed do a manual entry on a printout, and hope that you only bump into tolerant and understanding enforcement officers.

Golden rule for any Driver NEVER leave your keys in,even if its in your own yard.
The Company I worked for, before retiring, used to make "spot checks"of the vehicles in the yard (a) Parked up tidily(b) Clean (c) UNLOCKED & KEYS left in
All 3 was a “bollocking” offence

Manual entry on printout & write it in your diary (because this time next week, you will have forgotten the times :wink: )also if you get an infringement, explain it on there.

Also write to your Traffic Commissioner, Begging forgiveness & all the Head Teachers in your local area, just in case any Small Children have been affected. :unamused:

& I hope you didn’t leave you Sandwiches in the van while it was away ! :cry:

I’d be more annoyed if they had retuned the radio than a couple of extra un-tracable random hours on my card

Thanks guys did a printout it’s just that things keep happening and tacho stuff ignored I keep warning of consequences but they just accuse me of being disruptive

The guy is supposed to do a vehicle check and book out of scope before using the van but I’m the only person who does checks or anything everybody else just ticks the boxes and goes on there way

Repairs never get done unless I refuse to drive a vehicle the other drivers just do as they are told for fear of losing job

I keep reporting my concerns to the manager and the transport department but they either don’t care or don’t understand the consequences
Is there a list or site I can print off to show the cost of fines etc ?

Dundun please don’t take offence at this as I assure you none is intended, but please do not take it upon yourself to police how the operation works, nobody likes what they perceive to be a smartarse and I reckon you’ll probably find yourself out of a job before too long. My advice to you (if you choose to take it) is to keep your head down, get on with your work with no comment to them, keep yourself and your cards squeeky clean. That way, if the brown and smelly hits the fan you’ll be the one with your wallet and licence intact.

the maoster:
Dundun please don’t take offence at this as I assure you none is intended, but please do not take it upon yourself to police how the operation works, nobody likes what they perceive to be a smartarse and I reckon you’ll probably find yourself out of a job before too long. My advice to you (if you choose to take it) is to keep your head down, get on with your work with no comment to them, keep yourself and your cards squeeky clean. That way, if the brown and smelly hits the fan you’ll be the one with your wallet and licence intact.

+1

I couldn’t agree more, as long as it has no impact on you what others do is their problem :wink:

Yeah keep your head down and make sure what you are doing is legal, if they won’t listen it’s their problem.
But as always if the ■■■■ hits the fan everyone gets covered. So you’ll do well to start looking for a better company to work for before anything happens.

tachograph:

the maoster:

+1

I couldn’t agree more, as long as it has no impact on you what others do is their problem :wink:

+2

Just carry on doing it by the book, report any defects & if its not fixed or un-roadworthy, just bring it to the office’s attention, stating in a calm manner that you cant take it out until its rectified.

Ultimately, its the TM whose responsible for getting the maintenance done, if he/she wont put a schedule/reporting procedure in place, then he/she will be putting their job on the line. :wink:

I tend to email my TM with any on going defects if they don’t get fixed within a reasonable time, that way, when the Brown Stuff starts to fly, at least you’ve got proof that you carried out your responsibilities.

Should of left your card out, don’t need one in a van and you could of got a split daily rest out of it which although not strictly legal may of got you home on friday instead of saturday.

dundun:

Cant fault him:grin: