Somebody is not getting their pallet's today!

Thought these pallet company’s were strict about securing loads before being despatched :question:

halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/lo … -1-5342655

Regards
Dave Penn;

As you can see, 2 floors is still not enough. Same as usual with the pallet hubs, double stacked pallets on the bottom deck. Hard to see what has happened there as the curtain looks ok plus the double stacked pallets have leaned inwards. No straps by the looks of things but then the straps coming from the roof would never hold the weight if the pallets were heavy Animal feed as they are holding the pallets on the top deck too.

Ive said it before and will say it again, double decker curtainsiders should be banned! Full stop! Even if you wanted to you cant strap the top deck. Poor driver must feel like a right c u next tuesday.

I used to trunk from fradley park to Ireland you had to watch like a hawk when they were loading you as they would think nothing off putting pallets of bricks on the top deck.

lol

Did an agency shift once for a haulage firm doing pallet network stuff, no load security was going on at all. Gear of all different weights and sizes was just lifted on the back with the fork lift, curtains shut and away you go. Saw one fella return at the end of his shift with some wheelie bins he had failed to deliver, only thing keeping them still was the brakes on the bins wheels :unamused:

Our double deckers have 3 seperate sections of webbing restraints, so much easier and far more effective than single straps

A lot depends on the skill and expertise of the loaders. It can be quite safe to double stack the pallets on the bottom floor provided that they are suitable - ie - Heavy pallets with flat tops at the bottom.

I am a little puzzled by all the empty white pallets scattered around. Were they dunnage, or was there a loose stack of them?

That will be vosa sitting outside Pallettrack very soon checking load restraint on trailers coming out!!

This video is going to prove very useful for our training manager :wink:

Two straps crossed over the back should have held it :stuck_out_tongue:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94599

bigtruck:
I used to trunk from fradley park to Ireland you had to watch like a hawk when they were loading you as they would think nothing off putting pallets of bricks on the top deck.

I’ve done Fradley Park too. Forkies didn’t give a toss what was put on and how.

bigtruck:

lol used to do the same myself would cause a whole row if you dared to get out to try and secure something came of the run after a few months as an accident waiting to happen

Our local paper today published some details about this incident, the key one being that the traffic chaos the shedding of the pallets caused, resulted in a young lady giving birth in the front seat of a VW Golf, as they couldn’t get through the traffic to the hospital…

Now that is an unexpected delivery caused by the lorry driver… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not even on a bend? Road looks straight, how did he manage that?

Two empty Palletrack trucks in the queue behind with curtains open ready to take the load, now that is good planning!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:
Not even on a bend? Road looks straight, how did he manage that?

A few yards up the road in the direction of the hospital, it turns into a real bottle neck and a t/l controlled junction. If he tried to get through people just wouldn’t let him in.

…and apparently she was well on the way when they set off… :smiley: