Some truck pics from my trip to the outback of australia

Hi I’m on holiday atm in alice springs in the center of australia so I though I would post some shots up for you guys :slight_smile:

road trains mainly

yes they have scania roadtrains.

]

]

]

]

]

more and larger pics later
cheers
meggala

meggala Great pics of some great trucks. :smiley:

Maybe a bit better?

great pictures, cheers

some big rigs there
[/b]

meggala:
Hi I’m on holiday atm in alice springs in the center of australia so I though I would post some shots up for you guys :slight_smile:

road trains mainly

Fine bit of nostalgia there for me M, now then, make my day and post up some cow crate pictures. :laughing:
Is there any water in the Todd River at the mo? Shouldn’t have thought so this time of year but I forget which is the wet and which the dry these days. :unamused: :confused:
If you see it, let’s have some pics of the Regatta :wink: , that is definitely one for the album. :laughing:

spardo your day will be made got heaps of action shots of the tanami road trains and some others coming soon I have to up load them first and yeah.

one for spardo

I’ll get the rest up later

and the link to size pic for the desk top. please give credit if you use it.

http://meggala.com/tanamibig01.jpg

Nice one of a KW+3 M, Tanami were just a gleam in someone’s eye when I was there though, pity the Buntine name had to disappear. The man was a legend, I believe they named a minor highway after him up near our way (Katherine). If memory serves the new owners of the old firm called it RTA (Road Trains of Australia). They still around and are any of your pics of them?
I’ve tried from time to time to get up to date info on the local Katherine website but it is a very small affair and other, more transport oriented sites, are not much better.
Half your chance mate, if I could afford such a holiday, that’s where it would be. :wink: :cry:

thanks spardo we went from melbourne to alice and saw various sights like the rock . but it was a quick trip 5300 klm in 6 days we broke down just south of the nt border and had to be towed to marla. on the last day we left glendambo in it was 1400 klm from melbourne left 7:00 am and were home by midnight any way here are a few more pics

coober pedy is like the wild west :slight_smile:

a b double from victoria in pimba sa

Desktop Wallpaper: Free Trial! road tran car carrier up close

Good stuff! :smiley:

Nice picks M eg will be over in oz in Sept for three wks Driving from Cairns to Sydney in a moterhome seen quite a few double B`s last time I was over but no roadtrains

Awesome :sunglasses:

greek:
Nice picks M eg will be over in oz in Sept for three wks Driving from Cairns to Sydney in a moterhome seen quite a few double B`s last time I was over but no roadtrains

Think you have to take a detour west at Townsville and head out through Mt.Isa to Tennant Creek. Then you’ll see some sights. :wink: :laughing:

No set route Spardo so you never no anythings possible (unless I fancied crossing to Perth I think I could be short of time only got 3 wk`s & however much anybody calls me a cowboy :laughing: :laughing: )

spardo is right charter towers is also a load up point for road trains. lots to see on that route you could alway take the kidamn way through bouke if you want an adventure. longreach has the quantas museum and winton has some dinasour fossils you can move long distances pretty quickly fuel goes up to around $1.60-1.90 a litre the further you move from the coast. to give you an idea cairns to sydney is doable in a week good roads but you are better to take you tiem and stop at some of the beautiful beaches also the theme parks on th egoald coast was very worth while going to.
cheers
meggala

Good Pic’s :smiley: