Some questions about NZ

i’ve got a few things to ask about new zealand hope you can help

whats the best way to go about finding a job, i was thinking of going there on a tourist visa and then hopefully finding employment then turning this into a work visa while in the country, is that possible?

whats the situation with required experience , eg in england you can get most jobs after holding your hgv license for 2 years, whats it like in NZ? i have held class 1 coming up to 2 years and class 2 for 4 years.

I think i saw another poster say that to get permanent residence you must earn a certain amount and that fuel tanker driving is one of the ways you can do. are there jobs available easily on tankers. actually i am not sure if i want to go for PR immediatly maybe just experience another country for a year or two and come back home but maybe like it there so much i want to stay. so what are the options eventually for PR?

do they have employment agencies and temping like UK or is it all more permanent jobs?

one thing that appealed to me is logging trucks as it would be such a change from all the traffic in UK to be out in a forest, is it a good job?

thanks guys

Go back through the threads on this site, it’s all been said before, not that that usually stops anybody :laughing:

If I was one of those computer nerds i’d post a link, but i’m not so i haven’t :wink:

well i’m flying into aukland tonight for a 3 week holiday and then out of christchurch and back through asia, so it looks like i’ll have to find out for myself. if i get enough time off from enjoying myself that is …