Some 'proper' dafs

Some great shots of some of DAF’s finest - keep 'em coming. Proper DAFs you could pick a mile away, most of the modern ones look the same as everything else to me

This is the only one I’ve got of one of the two 2100s I drove

Some great daf pictures are being posted these days .

Hullo All,
Me and one of my sons, parked up somewhere or other

download/file.php?mode=view&id=23379

My%20DAF1[1].jpg

OB0184114 SI

Wheel Nut:
OB0184114 SI

Hullo Malc,
Wow! I’d almost forgotten that. It’s a while ago now since I let it go. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

Those two Dafs look great Archie .

Hiya… here’s a DAF i had at coopers what a dream after 4 bedford KM’s you could get a good nights sleep
the best sleeper around at the time. after a few years i had another 4 wheeler E725 WFM it looked the same
as this one but that was a 1900 i have no photo’s

John

just a couple of photos of mine i did drive a 2300 4-wheeler a couple of times in the mid 90’s

Sniffy:
A photo recently sent by a mate, as the kids would say … Mint !!

that is MINT!

Sniffy:
A photo recently sent by a mate, as the kids would say … Mint !!

Corrr gi’sa go mister

Hi 3300 , that 2100 had a proper Daf sleeper pod which also had a wardrobe didnt it ? , also why did your next Daf drop down to a 1900 ? .
thanks Jakey

JAKEY:
Hi 3300 , that 2100 had a proper Daf sleeper pod which also had a wardrobe didnt it ? , also why did your next Daf drop down to a 1900 ? .
thanks Jakey

IIRC, the 2100 was superceded by the 1900 as the 16/18 ton 4 wheeler chassis around 1988/89, the 1900 had a smaller turbocharged engine where the 2100 for none drawbar applications had the naturally aspirated version of the ‘2300’ (tractor unit) engine. This is certainly what my mates 2100 had in it back then.

Ross.

bigr250:

JAKEY:
thanks Jakey

IIRC, the 2100 was superceded by the 1900 as the 16/18 ton 4 wheeler chassis around 1988/89, the 1900 had a smaller turbocharged engine where the 2100 for none drawbar applications had the naturally aspirated version of the ‘2300’ (tractor unit) engine. This is certainly what my mates 2100 had in it back then.
Ross.

Hiya…all correct… coopers must have had 15… 4 wheelers with the DAF sleeper…you could sleep with the hatch open
where as the convertion sleeperes on other makes you had to sleep on top of the hatch…the answer to the wardarobe
YES it was more of a handy cupboard. i had a tele on the top shelf and clean undies on the bottom shelf plus some
personal items…
John

This is a proper DAF and the driver had a heart like a lion to drive it in the wind.

He has a new LF now with a smaller pod.

This one is parked next to a Whitetrux trailer

Ruddy hell thats bloody big pod , and one hell of a cargo space , Also thank you all for the info on Daf 2100 and 1900 .

Hiya …that little orange DAF must tave upstairs and down stairs inside that sleeper.
John

Wheel Nut:
This is a proper DAF and the driver had a heart like a lion to drive it in the wind.

Jeepers :open_mouth:

That puts TK lutons in the shade.

bigr250:
IIRC, the 2100 was superceded by the 1900 as the 16/18 ton 4 wheeler chassis around 1988/89, the 1900 had a smaller turbocharged engine where the 2100 for none drawbar applications had the naturally aspirated version of the ‘2300’ (tractor unit) engine. This is certainly what my mates 2100 had in it back then.Ross.

Bang on the money, there was a 2100 turbo version of the 8.25 engine but the 4 wheelers only got the non-turbo engine. The 1900 was a different kettle of fish though I never knew it was a smaller engine.

3300John:
Hiya…all correct… coopers must have had 15… 4 wheelers with the DAF sleeper.

I can remember seeing them quite regularly in the mid 80s, for some reason I’ve got it in my head most were Bristol/ S Wales but my memory isn’t what … what were we talking about? :unamused:

ParkRoyal2100:

bigr250:
IIRC, the 2100 was superceded by the 1900 as the 16/18 ton 4 wheeler chassis around 1988/89, the 1900 had a smaller turbocharged engine where the 2100 for none drawbar applications had the naturally aspirated version of the ‘2300’ (tractor unit) engine. This is certainly what my mates 2100 had in it back then.Ross.

Bang on the money, there was a 2100 turbo version of the 8.25 engine but the 4 wheelers only got the non-turbo engine. The 1900 was a different kettle of fish though I never knew it was a smaller engine.

3300John:
Hiya…all correct… coopers must have had 15… 4 wheelers with the DAF sleeper.

I can remember seeing them quite regularly in the mid 80s, for some reason I’ve got it in my head most were Bristol/ S Wales but my memory isn’t what … what were we talking about? :unamused:

Hiya we got just everywhere in the uk. there was a regular job from metal box manchester to wincanton with st ivel milk
cartons and also to stirminster newton. we would load back from metal box nr brighton or from brs bridgewater so your bristol fits in quite good.we also did school supply place in trowbridge with paper. good old days
John

Getting the hang of this photo lark now…